NFL "over there"

Rackat

Reaction score
There seems to be a good following in Germany and the UK for the NFL. Not good enough yet to really consider a franchise expansion to either country. The NFL wants to get their product sold over there, right? Why not rotate the Pro Bowl around Europe? It gives them a good taste of the NFL and gives the players a new place to go every year, and gets interest and revenue generated. It would seem to be a win/win for the NFL and for those interested in the NFL in those countries. What do you think?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think the goal is to get as many good, competitive football games seen by the world. The probowl is not a good competitive football game.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I don't know. With pro bowl, the unknowing overseas spectators might get a wrong idea about NFL since pro bowl isn't anything like real NFL games.

Rackat

Reaction score
True, but it does give the Euro's a chance to watch the "best of the best" in the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rackat;1734969 said:
There seems to be a good following in Germany and the UK for the NFL. Not good enough yet to really consider a franchise expansion to either country. The NFL wants to get their product sold over there, right? Why not rotate the Pro Bowl around Europe? It gives them a good taste of the NFL and gives the players a new place to go every year, and gets interest and revenue generated. It would seem to be a win/win for the NFL and for those interested in the NFL in those countries. What do you think?

I really don't expect an NFL team over seas anytime soon. I think this is an attempt to promote American Football over seas and evidently according to Goodell some things have been taken out of context for instace the SB being played over seas. According to him that is not what he said. What I expect will happen over seas is the same that has been seen with baseball and basketball and that is their own leagues. All the NFL is doing is promoting the sport and trying to get the youth involved in American football

jchocolate82

Reaction score
I think that we would still have to have regular season games just so they get a taste of the competive nature of the game, but I think also rotating the probowl over there so they can see our best players isnt a bad idea either.

cowboyz

Reaction score
that's a good choice.

they should add a skills competition too

it's just like how basketball got the USA olympic team to generate a lot of interest

Aikbach

Reaction score
The appeal of the pro bowl is a tropical Hawaii vacation.

A drizzly, foggy London trip right after the season will see significant drop off in turnout of players, do you know how cold western europe is in late January and February? No thank you.