NFL Truth & Rumors: March 24th, 2006

TheHustler

Reaction score
Guess TB isn't around to post it today......

The Packers are among at least three teams expressing an interest in Raiders cornerback Charles Woodson. His agent, Carl Poston, said he was trying to schedule Woodson for a visit to Green Bay next week.
-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Charles Woodson was in Tampa on Thursday night for a visit with the Bucs and his former coach, Jon Gruden. Because the Bucs have both their starting cornerbacks under contract, they could be interested in shifting the 29-year-old Woodson to free safety.
-- Oakland Tribune

A friend of Mike Stock's, the Packers' special teams coordinator, described the veteran coach as upset with the organization's decisions regarding kickers. The Packers have had conversations regarding Seattle's Josh Brown but so far no visit has been scheduled. Dallas considered preparing an offer for Brown but thought better of it and signed Mike Vanderjagt.
-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

The Ravens will meet with Vince Young on April 3 at their Owings Mills training complex. Team officials will not conduct a private workout with Young and have no plans to schedule one. The problem for the Ravens is that Young is not expected to last beyond the No. 7 pick (Oakland Raiders) and could be drafted as high as No. 3 (Tennessee Titans) or No. 4 (New York Jets). If the Ravens want to move ahead of the Raiders from the No. 13 slot, it likely would require trading their first- and second-round picks.
-- Baltimore Sun

League sources say an intriguing NFL commissioner candidate from the outside has surfaced who could get fairly serious consideration. It's former Bengals linebacker Reggie Williams. Williams, 51, is the vice president of planning and new development for Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex, which is just a stone's throw away from where the owners will be meeting next week. Williams has the kind of broad appeal that makes him attractive to the league as a candidate to succeed outgoing Paul Tagliabue.
-- Philadelphia Daily News

The Giants haven't been eliminated from the LaVar Arrington chase yet, but the race is starting to get a little crowded. The ex-Commanders linebacker is planning to visit the Jacksonville Jaguars this weekend and also will make his second visit to Miami.
-- New York Daily News

If Maurice Carthon struggles again as Browns offensive coordinator, as he did last season, the highly respected offensive line coach Jeff Davidson could very well assume play-calling duties. Word is, at least one Browns offensive coach would have left this off-season if Davidson hadn't been promoted by coach Romeo Crennel.
-- Cleveland Plain Dealer

Former Baltimore quarterback Anthony Wright visited on Thursday as the Bengals continue their search for a backup to Carson Palmer. One player who hasn't been in town is former Washington linebacker LaVar Arrington.
-- Cincinnati Post

After losing two of their all-time greats in free agency, the Patriots were feeling a little sentimental yesterday, setting aside their hard business approach to aggressively court Troy Brown in hopes of finalizing a deal that will likely keep Brown in New England for what is left of his career.
-- Boston Globe
The Giants appear to be back on the hunt for a veteran backup quarterback. And among their top targets is Jay Fiedler. Brian Levy, the agent for the former Dolphins and Jets quarterback, said the Giants have recently contacted him regarding his client.
-- Newark Star-Ledger

The Giants could re-sign oft-injured free agent Tim Carter or hope third-year receiver Jamaar Taylor can finally stay healthy. They might also look to add a receiver early in next month's draft.
-- Newark Star-Ledger

The Steelers are close to re-signing running back Verron Haynes, the last of their key unrestricted free agents, and could have the deal completed before team management leaves for the start of the NFL owners meetings Sunday.
-- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Jets were awaiting a decision last night from free-agent right tackle Jon Runyan, who appeared to be leaning toward the Jets over re-signing with the Eagles.
-- New York Daily News

According to reports, Titans free agent safety Tank Williams is headed to Minnesota for a visit with the Vikings.
-- Nashville City Paper

When Jason Baker returned home Thursday afternoon to Carmel, Ind., he was chagrined to learn that the Rams were going with Matt Turk, with the implication that Baker's contract demands were beyond what the Rams were willing to pay.
-- St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Left tackle Torrin Tucker, one of the Cowboys' three restricted free agents, visited Tampa Bay on Thursday. Tucker is scheduled to visit Atlanta today.
-- Dallas Morning News

Falcons coach Jim Mora, a former defensive coordinator, has not figured out how the Falcons will play yet. He could go to a more attacking scheme or he could sit back in a zone and let Patrick Kerney, Rod Coleman and John Abraham play "let's meet at the quarterback." His options are definitely more plentiful.
-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

San Antonio mayor Phil Hardberger announced that an agreement with the Cowboys to hold training camp at the Alamodome is near completion. The deal would start in 2007.
-- Dallas Morning News

Holloway805

05 & 09 Pick a Winner Champ
Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but even during March Madness I still cant get enough NFL news. What a great game.

yesfan

Reaction score
Holloway805 said:
I dont know about you guys, but even during March Madness I still cant get enough NFL news. What a great game.

I hear ya.:)

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Holloway805 said:
:pc: you said it..

vicjagger

Reaction score
Holloway805 said:

Oh, is March Madness going on? Hadn't noticed.:D

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Damn there were some good games on last night!

Go Dallas Cowboys.