CFZ NFL Units Capable of Provoking Nightmares

T-RO

Reaction score
There are a number of great offenses.

-The Bengals have three elite WRs and perhaps the best pure passer in the league. (Don't be fooled by Bengals slow start. It's what they do)
-The Chiefs have the best overall quarterback, Kelce and legendary offensive genius Andy Reid
-The Eagles have the best o-line, and a diversified set of weapons.

But as the Chiefs no longer have top receivers...the offense that is scariest? The one capable of posting 500 yards and 50 points. The one with the greatest speed and most recent innovation.​
...That's the Miami Dolphins.​
There are a number of great defenses.

-The 49ers repeatedly make opposing offenses look weak and lifeless. So stout. So deep.
-The Jets push a rising unit with stars and few weaknesses
-Those Patriots still feature the greatest offense mastermind ever

But the defense capable of beating you into submission with multiple pass rushers? The one capable of scoring multiple times in a single game with their defense? The one you most fear could break your quarterback or shatter his confidence?​
...That's the Dallas Cowboys.​

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
As some of you know I'm a database developer and sometimes deploy those skills looking at football. Let me draw your attention to a few things I noticed when recently looking at the 2022 Lions season.

-Detroit gave up the 2nd fewest sacks in 2022. Incredibly good o-line. The most Goff went down in all his games was twice. Ah, except for the Cowboys game where he was sacked 5 TIMES. Goff always had his fortress--until he didn't.
-Detroit was the best team last year at avoiding turnovers. In 16 of their games they averaged 1/2 a turnover a game. Against the Cowboys. 5 TURNOVERS. Detroit never turned the ball over--until they did generously.

The Cowboys defense beats you up and steals your lunch money.

T-RO

Reaction score
If they develop the ability to stop the run opposing teams have no chance
Cowboys run defense isn't elite, but its much better than people think.

Perhaps the two top run offenses in the league are the Eagles and 49ers. Let's look at the Yards-per-carry when we faced those teams in '22:

-Phi, Game 1: 3.5
-Phi, Game 2: 3.0
-49ers playoff game: 3.5

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I am pumped to watch this D this year. It has been amazing watching Quinn develop this unit the last 2 years. To lead the league in turnovers two years in a row is amazing…

But in year 3, you can just feel the pieces coming together. The safety position is loaded with speed, toughness, and hybrid players that can matchup and disrupt offenses

The cornerback position is as deep and skilled as we have seen in a very long time— perhaps ever— we will see what they do this year.

The pass rush is lethal with wave upon wave of players that can decimate OL protection schemes. Once Dallas has a lead and teams become one dimensional, they are forced into playing into the jaws of death

The area of slight concern remains the LB corps and the interior DL vs the run. The Dallas D has shown poor discipline at times against maintaining contain against running QBs and have been gashed at times on the ground. Time will tell if they have done enough to shore these areas up

T-RO

Reaction score
I am pumped to watch this D this year. It has been amazing watching Quinn develop this unit the last 2 years. To lead the league in turnovers two years in a row is amazing…

But in year 3, you can just feel the pieces coming together. The safety position is loaded with speed, toughness, and hybrid players that can matchup and disrupt offenses

The cornerback position is as deep and skilled as we have seen in a very long time— perhaps ever— we will see what they do this year.

The pass rush is lethal with wave upon wave of players that can decimate OL protection schemes. Once Dallas has a lead and teams become one dimensional, they are forced into playing into the jaws of death

The area of slight concern remains the LB corps and the interior DL vs the run. The Dallas D has shown poor discipline at times against maintaining contain against running QBs and have been gashed at times on the ground. Time will tell if they have done enough to shore these areas up
LVE isn't going to impress many but he plays intelligently and reliably. He's not special, but slightly above average.

The linebackers were heard from Sunday night. 19 tackles (give or take)
Bell, 8...LVE...6...Clark 5.

I say 'give-or-take' because I know Bell plays some linebacker, but also some safety. But Kearse does the same and he logged 7 tackles!

It's clear that Quinn is doing with the Cowboys defense what McDaniel is doing with the Chargers offense, opting for: speed, speed, speed. That along with innovative deployment that's simply ahead of the league right now.

Kinda harkens back to Jimmy, who liked smaller but speedy linebackers (years before others caught on)

T-RO

Reaction score
It dawned on me an hour after I started with this:
Here's a thread destined to be short-lived.

What might anyone post to contradict? It's all feeling almost obvious.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As some of you know I'm a database developer and sometimes deploy those skills looking at football. Let me draw your attention to a few things I noticed when recently looking at the 2022 Lions season.

-Detroit gave up the 2nd fewest sacks in 2022. Incredibly good o-line. The most Goff went down in all his games was twice. Ah, except for the Cowboys game where he was sacked 5 TIMES. Goff always had his fortress--until he didn't.
-Detroit was the best team last year at avoiding turnovers. In 16 of their games they averaged 1/2 a turnover a game. Against the Cowboys. 5 TURNOVERS. Detroit never turned the ball over--until they did generously.

The Cowboys defense beats you up and steals your lunch money.
One of the announcers did mention in their game against KC, about Detroit having one of the best OL in the NFL.

T-RO

Reaction score
I've posted this exact same thing about 8 times this year. It never gets a like. Never gets even a comment. Never gets any recognition. The facts bounce right off everybody, as though ears can't hear.

PAY ATTENTION, ******!

Perhaps the two top run offenses in the league are the Eagles and 49ers. Let's look at the Yards-per-carry when Cowboys faced them in '22:​
-Phi, Game 1: 3.5​
-Phi, Game 2: 3.0​
-49ers playoff game: 3.5​
Some are worried about our run defense...why?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've posted this exact same thing about 8 times this year. It never gets a like. Never gets even a comment. Never gets any recognition. The facts bounce right off everybody, as though ears can't hear.

PAY ATTENTION, ******!

Perhaps the two top run offenses in the league are the Eagles and 49ers. Let's look at the Yards-per-carry when Cowboys faced them in '22:​
Pointing out it's been a weakness in the past regardless of those games we've seen it even in the first quarter of the giants game.. So we're having an open discussion here right and we feel like the run defense still has not proven themselves we need the games in the regular season to be that way so we can dominate the Niners and the Eagles we need these wins to set up a bye and home field advantage.. So it matters how you play in the regular season as well even though the playoffs are more important... And I know in 2021, I mean that's not very far away I think debo was close to 10 yards per carry in the first half.. we still remember the rams 278 yards etc etc some PTSD bro.

Last edited:

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
LVE isn't going to impress many but he plays intelligently and reliably. He's not special, but slightly above average.

The linebackers were heard from Sunday night. 19 tackles (give or take)
Bell, 8...LVE...6...Clark 5.

I say 'give-or-take' because I know Bell plays some linebacker, but also some safety. But Kearse does the same and he logged 7 tackles!

It's clear that Quinn is doing with the Cowboys defense what McDaniel is doing with the Chargers offense, opting for: speed, speed, speed. That along with innovative deployment that's simply ahead of the league right now.

Kinda harkens back to Jimmy, who liked smaller but speedy linebackers (years before others caught on)
Sure is a shame with LVE and Sean Lee.
Both have great football minds, but injuries have robbed them of a much better career. Even still they were much better than people gave them credit for.
Pointing out it's been a weakness in the past regardless of those games we've seen it even in the first quarter of the giants game.. So we're having an open discussion here right and we feel like the run defense still has not proven themselves we need the games in the regular season to be that way so we can dominate the Niners and the Eagles we need these wins to set up a buy and home field advantage.. So it matters how you play in the regular season as well even though the playoffs are more important... And I know in 2021, I mean that's not very far away I think debo was close to 10 yards per carry in the first half.. we still remember the rams 278 yards etc etc some PTSD bro.
to be fair and to T-ROs point, we improved substantially in the trenches compared to '21. We got mandhandled on both sides in the trenches that playoff game, you cant say the same at all for '22 and even the opposite somewhat on the defensive side. Then we have added more to there for this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score

PAY ATTENTION, ******!

By the way I know our offense is not looked at this way well we have been part of a couple number ones and a couple number twos and we've been a top three offense in the past.. I mean last year who scored the most points against the Eagles even after spotting them seven points?? That would be the Dallas Cowboys who went and destroyed the Minnesota Vikings in Minnesota on all levels but our offense was clicking hard yeah that would be the Dallas Cowboys but I thought the Minnesota Vikings were trashed because the giants beat them and but look at last night who had issues stopping the Minnesota Vikings yeah that would be the Eagles??

And yes I realize I watched the way Miami the last two years just opened their offense up like big time their defense don't look very good they do look like one of the scarier offenses but you better have all three phases together before you're truly scary..

Creeper

Reaction score
I have to tell you, the Eagles offensive line does not look as good as it did last year. I see Hurt under pressure more. They can still run block, but don't let the Vikings defense fool you. They were the worst in the league last year and don't look much better this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have to tell you, the Eagles offensive line does not look as good as it did last year. I see Hurt under pressure more. They can still run block, but don't let the Vikings defense fool you. They were the worst in the league last year and don't look much better this year.
Actually, that's nothing new they literally were better and stronger in the run game you know all those RPO's are mostly runs correct ?? all the running they did with Sanders were runs ??jalen hurts going off schedule we're runs??? they've always been a better running team....

jalen hurts has is being overrated as a passer because of last year.. He's good don't get me wrong but people putting him in that elite category because he made it to a Super Bowl is ridiculous... we've seen many quarterbacks way average that got to Super Bowls and actually won some Nick Foles for example his own Eagles Super Bowl trophy holder.. Was it Nick Foles the MVP of the Super bowl as well I mean can we overrate players just because of how far their teams take them??​
I like jalen hurts as far as he's got good game but if the RPO's not working he's off.. And it seemed like Minnesota couldn't stop the run most of the day but they sure loaded up on stopping the RPO and the pass game by jalen hurts.. The thing the Eagles did well is decided to stick with the run and stay with the actual real running game a very traditional running game and it worked and that's because they have a different offensive coordinator....​

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys run defense isn't elite, but its much better than people think.

Perhaps the two top run offenses in the league are the Eagles and 49ers. Let's look at the Yards-per-carry when we faced those teams in '22:

-Phi, Game 1: 3.5
-Phi, Game 2: 3.0
-49ers playoff game: 3.5
you might wanna go find this and mark it down but Bart Scott on get up just said he's predicting The Jets are gonna run for over 200 yards against this Cowboys defense now why would he think that?? Probably because The Jets have three running backs that can play they can run the three tight end sets and they can dirty up a game and the Cowboys not proved to be able to stop the run when a team decides for 60 minutes they're gonna run the ball..

So let's hope his prediction is not true but it's a bold prediction so he's just you know giving a crazy prediction but there's a reason he thinks that it is has been known to be the weakest part of our defense when a team runs runs runs it doesn't stop running.. We've never been proved to really stop that completely..

Flamma

Reaction score
genius Andy Reid
Don't get me wrong. I think the rest of your post was spot on. But this part is where I start to question the comment. All I can say is, 4th and 25. Down by 1 point with all 3 timeouts left, you got to punt there. It's not like Detroit's offense was having much success. That decision was a head scratcher for me.

I was happy he went for it. Mainly because I had 10 bucks on Detroit straight up.