News: NFL Who will Cowboys tab to fill in for Dak Prescott? 8 potential QBs Dallas could consider

plymkr

Reaction score
Out of those players I would say Johnson, Fitzpatrick and then Newton, in that order. If Jimmy G is a free agent next season and there's interest there then let's suck it up this season and get him for free next year. I would rather roll with Rush, Johnson, Fitz or Pam Newton, I mean Cam Newton. No need to give up draft capital. This season is done because our whole roster is flawed. No QB is coming in to save this season because Jerry and Little Jerry ruined the season between March and opening night.

Can some explain to me how to read the overthecap page. Ok feel free to laugh but there's 3 columns. One is the cap hit and then there are two other columns. On top of the two other columns it says "money saved and dead money" or something like that. So what do those columns tell us? Someone help me out here.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Josh Johnson? The guy couldn't even make it on a team as a backup for 5 straight years. Has a 5-year gap between teams. Got cut before the season every year from 2013-2018.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Josh Johnson? The guy couldn't even make it on a team as a backup for 5 straight years. Has a 5-year gap between teams. Got cut before the season every year from 2013-2018.
We have many here that liked Garrett Gilbert which is probably the closest analog to Josh Johnson. Honestly I would rather see what a Grier or more experienced DiNucci has to offer, at last with them being young and developmental than say a Cooper Rush who only knowing the playbook is the only thing going for him.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Come on you guys. If we can't get Jimmy G. neither of those would get us better results that Rush. Let's just go with him and see where that takes us. It's not like barely making the play offs only to get shafted again in the post season is a desirable outcome.

We need to attack the root cause and not just put another patch on the wound.

In hindsight, getting Amari actually hurt us in the long run. Because he defected the possibility of a couple of very bad seasons which could have brought real change.

Because that's what the Joneses do. Patch up this broken man just right up above the. 500 mark and call it a day. But hey, at least we're being talked about, right?

Last edited:

cristglo

Reaction score
If Fitz is in shape he would be who I would go for.
Cam he couldnt even process the playbook we would be better off with Cooper

Deionindahood

Reaction score
I hope they sign Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's 39 and can reminisce about the old days with Peters.

csirl

Reaction score
Fitz is the best of those in the article. But surely there are other vet backups out there looking for employment?