NFLN Video: Focused Romo/Team... Held Team Meeting last night

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2859525 said:
Wow not one mention of the OL struggles and injuries. It's all Romo. :bang2:

They did not say it was all Romo. Plenty talk about the coaches needing to make adjustments and the D letting the team down.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good stuff.

Have to like what Witten had to say about Romo.

And I thought for a minute Lombardi was going to trash us about the team meeting, but then he said he thought we were very focused.

Also, I don't know if Roy got down to his weight goal or not, but his face looks leaner to me.

kmd24

Reaction score
They could use some Texas geography. San Antonio is not near Longview. Recycled Dallas graphic, I guess.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I loved what Roy had to say about it being his job to make the QB look good.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2859525 said:
Wow not one mention of the OL struggles and injuries. It's all Romo. :bang2:

That's nothing new. That's how it always is.

viman96;2859617 said:
They did not say it was all Romo. Plenty talk about the coaches needing to make adjustments and the D letting the team down.

Yeah they mentioned that but they pretty much put the entire offensive struggles entirely on Romo. They acted like some of his rushed decisions, bad passes, and bad plays were totally on him and had nothing to do with some bad play around him. He makes mistakes, without a doubt, but it's not like the entire offensive struggles were all him.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Dukes was definitely hanging it on Romo but Lombardi was saying it was the team.

JBS

Reaction score
Consider me convinced this team is mentally prepared for this season. There was never a doubt in my mind this team had the talent, now it is time for them to prove it on the field.

Bizwah

Reaction score
viman96;2859686 said:
Dukes was definitely hanging it on Romo but Lombardi was saying it was the team.

That was my assessment.

Lombardi was level-headed. He said it wasn't just Romo....the entire team stunk. He pointed out the game vs Baltimore and how our defense really dropped the ball. Dukes basically said it was Romo that game....he only had 80 some-odd yards passing before the fourth. What he failed to mention is that Romo got us going in the fourth quarter and may have been able to pull out a win....had our defense been able to tackle.

Lombardi was wrong in laying the blame of the Philly game on the defense. That game was terrible all around. I didn't feel the defense was too terrible. They were placed in terrible positions. The offensive line was the worst I saw all year. Romo couldn't protect the ball.

Anyway....Dukes took the quick and easy way. Lombardi had a little more knowledge of our situation.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Bizwah;2859705 said:
That was my assessment.

Lombardi was level-headed. He said it wasn't just Romo....the entire team stunk. He pointed out the game vs Baltimore and how our defense really dropped the ball. Dukes basically said it was Romo that game....he only had 80 some-odd yards passing before the fourth. What he failed to mention is that Romo got us going in the fourth quarter and may have been able to pull out a win....had our defense been able to tackle.

Lombardi was wrong in laying the blame of the Philly game on the defense. That game was terrible all around. I didn't feel the defense was too terrible. They were placed in terrible positions. The offensive line was the worst I saw all year. Romo couldn't protect the ball.

Anyway....Dukes took the quick and easy way. Lombardi had a little more knowledge of our situation.

:hammer:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Both Romo and Barber had fumbles returned for TDs (loong tds). so it wasn't all the D.

I think it's interesting that when Lombardi mentions the coaches having to make adjustments, he doesn't point to Wade...he points to Garrett and I think he's right. Garrett has so many weapons at his disposal, its up to him to figure out how to use them all as effectively no matter the situation.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Has Jamie Dukes lost a few pounds? I haven't watched NFLN in a while and he seems a bit more svelte.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
viman96;2859686 said:

How is it fans can watch this and come away with an opinion like yours?

Dukes clearly said this is a team game. But he also said Romo tends to make poorer decisions late in the season. And if he had elevated his play, this team would have won a play-off over the last two years ago.

He hardly threw Romo under the bus.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Yeah, that one guy on the NFL Channel said that he'd never heard of a team having a team meeting before the start of training camp. :rolleyes:

I personally think the Cowboys are coming together. Telling one another that it's time to lose the personal stuff, play together for four quarters, no excuses, and don't let each other down. Time to kick some butt!

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Ozzu;2859941 said:
Has Jamie Dukes lost a few pounds? I haven't watched NFLN in a while and he seems a bit more svelte.

Yea, hes dropped a bunch of weight.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2859676 said:
That's nothing new. That's how it always is.

Yeah they mentioned that but they pretty much put the entire offensive struggles entirely on Romo. They acted like some of his rushed decisions, bad passes, and bad plays were totally on him and had nothing to do with some bad play around him. He makes mistakes, without a doubt, but it's not like the entire offensive struggles were all him.

They is Jamie Dukes others at the NFL Network said it was more than just Romo