NFLPA All-Pro Team: Players pick the ones who truly stand out

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
A lot of different versions of All-Pro, and a lot of arguments on who should and shouldn't be in.

I think this one settles it. I trust the players more than anyone else. They are the ones watching the tape very week, preparing at practice, and playing face-to-face very week.

https://nflpa.com/press/nfl-players-association-announces-second-annual-players-all-pro-team-2

They were not allowed to vote for themselves or their teammates. In case you're wondering.....

Dallas got in 5 players. 1st in NFL.

THE 2023-24 PLAYERS’ ALL-PRO FIRST TEAM

Quarterback
: Lamar Jackson (Baltimore)
Running back: Christian McCaffrey (San Francisco)
Fullback: Kyle Juszczyk (San Francisco)
Wide Receiver (2): CeeDee Lamb (Dallas), Tyreek Hill (Miami)
Tight End: Travis Kelce (Kansas City)
Left Tackle: Trent Williams (San Francisco)
Left Guard (tie): Joel Bitonio (Cleveland), Tyler Smith (Dallas)
Center: Jason Kelce (Philadelphia)
Right Guard: Zack Martin (Dallas)
Right Tackle: Lane Johnson (Philadelphia)

Edge Rusher (2): Myles Garrett (Cleveland), Max Crosby (Las Vegas)
Nose Tackle: Dexter Lawrence (New York Giants)
Interior Defensive Lineman (2): Chris Jones (Kansas City), Aaron Donald (Los Angeles Rams)
Off-Ball Linebacker (2): Roquan Smith (Baltimore), Fred Warner (San Francisco)
Cornerback (2): DaRon Bland (Dallas), Pat Surtain II (Denver)
Free Safety: Jessie Bates III (Atlanta)
Strong Safety: Kyle Hamilton (Baltimore)

Kick Returner: Keisean Nixon (Green Bay)
Punt Returner: Derius Davis (Los Angeles Chargers)
Core Teamer (2): Jalen Reeves-Maybin (Detroit), Brenden Schooler (New England)
Kicker: Brandon Aubrey (Dallas)
Punter: AJ Cole (Las Vegas)
Long snapper: Ross Matiscik (Jacksonville)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Too bad about Micah, but those other 2 selections are legit.

Myles and him both had 14 sacks.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Too bad about Micah, but those other 2 selections are legit.

Myles and him both had 14 sacks.
They're both tops in league for DEs stopping rush too. Micah is not. But Micah probably the best pure pass rusher at that position. So I can see why it goes both ways.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We got at least one guy represented for offense, defense, and special teams. That's not common.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
In what football world does Micah Parson not stand out?
He certainly stands out, but while hes maybe the best pass rusher in football he's also pretty middle of the pack in terms of defending the run. The two players selected (Garrett, Crosby) are more well rounded players. Really wouldn't have an issue with any combination of those three picked, you could throw TJ Watt into that list as well.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I’m sorry Micah gets double triple teamed… held all the time. He forces teams to get the ball out quick and still gets pressures He makes those around him better.

To say he only has 14 sacks is nuts his pressure rate is what 8% higher than the next guy.

He deserves to be an all pro… hell he’s still in the convo for dpoy. But prob won’t get it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This is the best free stat system I've found on the DE/OT matchups.

Garrett is doubled just as much as Parsons in pass rush situations. Crosby you can't say that about.

However, looks like Crosby is #2 in NFL on doubling for run plays, which is partly where he is getting this respect from players.

Can't see #11's double-team on run plays unfortunately because it only shows it for the top run defenders at EDGE.

Like @thunderpimp91 reiterated, #11 best pure pass rusher at EDGE in game. These other guys probably getting the nod because of their elite run stopping skills on top of pass rushing.

And it's not #11's fault either. He was drafted as a LB, not a 4-3 DE. Smaller guy, gets everything he can per pound.

I’m sorry Micah gets double triple teamed… held all the time. He forces teams to get the ball out quick and still gets pressures He makes those around him better.

To say he only has 14 sacks is nuts his pressure rate is what 8% higher than the next guy.

He deserves to be an all pro… hell he’s still in the convo for dpoy. But prob won’t get it.