NFL's top 100 free agents

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nf...e-best-players-available?campaign=Twitter_atn

Top 101 NFL free agents of 2024: Chris Jones, Kirk Cousins lead off ranking​

To be honest .........I think there's a good chance all four will walk. So right out the gate, that would be FOUR starters we have to replace. That is not including maybe another center and starting MLBer. We can probably replace 2, maybe three via the draft. Either way, may need 6 new starters........

Tyron Smith

OT · Age: 33
One of the most underpaid players in the NFL last season, Smith is due a massive raise after a return to elite form. He played 942 snaps (including playoffs), which is his highest total since 2018, per Pro Football Focus.

Stephon Gilmore
CB · Age: 33
The best free-agent pickups in recent years have been excellent veterans willing to take one-year deals. Gilmore, still a plus starter, figures to be one of those guys this season. An instant upgrade for virtually any team.

Tony Pollard

RB · Age: 27
Pollard would best be used with around 200 touches, with him serving as a pass catcher for a healthy chunk of those. In that role, he can be an explosive addition to any offense.

Dorance Armstrong

Edge · Age: 27
The most overqualified third or fourth edge rusher in the NFL last season, Armstrong deserves a starting role. He’s the type of young player with production that is worth betting on in free agency.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope we get rid of everyone but the 60-billion-dollar man. I hope we get guys out of Lowes Hardware or Home Depot. I know our leader can win any game by himself, he's "can't put his name here", good.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Tyron Smith
One of the most underpaid players in the NFL last season, Smith is due a massive raise after a return to elite form. He played 942 snaps (including playoffs), which is his highest total since 2018, per Pro Football Focus.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Tyron played more snaps and returned to 'elite' form this past season. It was a contract year - duh. If that wasn't the case he would have missed half the season.

John813

Reaction score
Tyron Smith

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Tyron played more snaps and returned to 'elite' form this past season. It was a contract year - duh. If that wasn't the case he would have missed half the season.

Rather have a guy like Tyron who takes a sweetheart contract and then an incentive restructure than a guy like Zach Martin who rather hold out and miss games for another huge extension.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Top 101 NFL free agents of 2024: Chris Jones, Kirk Cousins lead off ranking
How many of those 100 will be free agents? A lot less than you think.

The list I'm interested in is the top 100 when free agency actually begins. Those are the true FA's.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think they will try to retain Smith and Gilmore. The other 2 are goners.
I agree, "they will try" but I think Tyron def will get a couple of offers way out of our range. Gilmore I think will come down to how far or many years we are willing to offer. I honestly believe, if there was a good chance of resigning Tyron, it would have already been done.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Well, at least we know who Dallas will NOT be going after. They've got talent, skill, choices, health, leverage and self worth. Things Jerry and Stephen frown upon.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I hope we get rid of everyone but the 60-billion-dollar man. I hope we get guys out of Lowes Hardware or Home Depot. I know our leader can win any game by himself, he's "can't put his name here", good.
Maybe we can sign Tad Prescott to replace a starter somewhere on offense or defense. Anything to make Dak happy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nf...e-best-players-available?campaign=Twitter_atn

Top 101 NFL free agents of 2024: Chris Jones, Kirk Cousins lead off ranking​

To be honest .........I think there's a good chance all four will walk. So right out the gate, that would be FOUR starters we have to replace. That is not including maybe another center and starting MLBer. We can probably replace 2, maybe three via the draft. Either way, may need 6 new starters........
Tyron Smith

Stephon Gilmore
CB · Age: 33
The best free-agent pickups in recent years have been excellent veterans willing to take one-year deals. Gilmore, still a plus starter, figures to be one of those guys this season. An instant upgrade for virtually any team.

Tony Pollard
RB · Age: 27
Pollard would best be used with around 200 touches, with him serving as a pass catcher for a healthy chunk of those. In that role, he can be an explosive addition to any offense.

Dorance Armstrong
Edge · Age: 27
The most overqualified third or fourth edge rusher in the NFL last season, Armstrong deserves a starting role. He’s the type of young player with production that is worth betting on in free agency.

if Kirck Cousin is #2 in the league for FAs, then it speaks to the sad state of NFL QBs.

ICP

Reaction score
Need to focus on #51-100 because the only guys in the top 50 Dallas might sign are their own. Maybe even get a list of numbers 101-200