Niner Butt whooping was a good thing

Reid1boys

Reaction score
For the first 4 weeks of the season, many of us in here where complaining loudly about the dink and dunk offense. McCarthy made Dak play like his rookie year just to not lose the game. Dak isnt a rookie. In those first 4 games, id be curious to know how many intermediate to deep passes dak had.

Well after that complete butt whooping we took in game 5, Mike has finally opened it up. Our run game is mediocre at best, but our pass game is pretty damn good when Dak isnt making 4-7 yard passes all day. Dak threw it deep more yesterday than he probably did in the first 4 games combined.

This offense actually gives us a shot IMO.

Yea yea... we did it against weak teams blah blah blah.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
That game never discouraged me, not sure why 95% of this forum was flipping out.
Would have been less flipping if had gone like the Eagles game and down to the wire and a stupid choke play. Those are the Boys we know and love. But to see them completely roll over and not even have a shot was not expected.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't get why the Cardinals game didn't do it but I guess......they have definitely played different since the 49ers beat down.
Because McCarthy wanted his new Texas Coast Offense implemented at all cost. Well, that new Texas Coast Offense or redone version of the West Coast Offense absolutely sucks, and I believe McCarthy, Dak, Schottenheimer and the rest of the Offense realized it was not working. After the 49ers buttwhipping, they have gone more vertical and stretched the field. It has worked.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm glad Mike caved and opened the offense back up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We’re probably the only fans not surprised Dobbs is winning in Minnesota. LOL
Naw I agree lol. I kept saying it and people around my circle was like "What?". I'm like i've seen this guy play well and do it in a new system with no time to learn the system. I don't know what his ceiling is but what he's doing is incredible. Maybe not a high floor guy but he's incredibly smart and athletic and it goes a long way for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because McCarthy wanted his new Texas Coast Offense implemented at all cost. Well, that new Texas Coast Offense or redone version of the West Coast Offense absolutely sucks, and I believe McCarthy, Dak, Schottenheimer and the rest of the Offense realized it was not working. After the 49ers buttwhipping, they have gone more vertical and stretched the field. It has worked.
Well i'll say this....with the way they are winning...it looks like a West Coast offense but the difference is they don't just have Dak in the pocket. They're moving him around. And what's scary is that yesterday we saw what it can look like with a run game. In order for it to hit its potential you have to have a solid run game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well i'll say this....with the way they are winning...it looks like a West Coast offense but the difference is they don't just have Dak in the pocket. They're moving him around. And what's scary is that yesterday we saw what it can look like with a run game. In order for it to hit its potential you have to have a solid run game.
Agreed, but the last 4 games version is definitely more vertical than the first 5 games version. Totally agree how Dak's sudden willingness to scramble and even take off running has helped, and his ypc average has definitely increased compared to the earlier part of this season. Our Oline needs to keep improving and get our running game going. Yesterday's game against the Giants was the first time all season we finally had a good rushing attack. Hope it keeps up. We need the running attack to help our passing game.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
That game never discouraged me, not sure why 95% of this forum was flipping out.
Remember Dak and Zekes rookie season, they went up to Green Bay and demolished the Packers in the regular season game. Then they played the packers in the playoffs, got behind big early and eventually lost the game.....Point is, it's a week to week league. There's always a chance you come back hungrier and better the next game!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
For the first 4 weeks of the season, many of us in here where complaining loudly about the dink and dunk offense. McCarthy made Dak play like his rookie year just to not lose the game. Dak isnt a rookie. In those first 4 games, id be curious to know how many intermediate to deep passes dak had.

Well after that complete butt whooping we took in game 5, Mike has finally opened it up. Our run game is mediocre at best, but our pass game is pretty damn good when Dak isnt making 4-7 yard passes all day. Dak threw it deep more yesterday than he probably did in the first 4 games combined.

:hammer:

You hit it right on the head that 49ers game is a perfect example. We opened it up the last few games and should have beat the Eagles as they had a horseshoe above their stadium.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect the Cowboys to beat the Niners twice in a season, so assuming we do run into them again in the playoffs (likely), I'd much rather lose to them earlier in the regular season.

By this time, you'd hope.....you'd HOPE, that this team is tired of being San Francisco's doormat and would really get up for another match up against them.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Let me edit that for you Texas Toast Offense.

snadler

Reaction score
Basically the boys are 0-2 against the two best teams in the NFC, nothing is good from that

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This offense has been a work in progress this season, some changes in schematics and philosophy, but they are finally heading the right direction. It really shouldn't have taken this long to figure some of these things out, but it has come a long ways from the start of the season. We need to be able to get the running game going and have some time to get it going and peaking at the right time.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The media has given Dak a new narrative. Dak can only beat tomato cans. 2016 it was Dink and Dak. Last season he threw to many interceptions.