FEATURED Niners vs Chiefs Super Bowl LIV thread

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why someone thought this was a good idea for a Super Bowl halftime show?

GettyImages-1198186018.jpg

Makes the Janice Jackson issue look minor in comparison. Absolutely disgusting for national TV. Me wants rock next year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I didn't see it, but I do think it sounds rather cringy for a Television audience.
Not cringy at all. Nothing kids these days haven’t seen already and they’ve seen much more than what was on yesterday. I think there’s a lot of women out there complaining because they are jealous a bit. It takes a lot of work to stay in shape the way Shakira and JLo have at their ages. Kudo’s to them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not cringy at all. Nothing kids these days haven’t seen already and they’ve seen much more than what was on yesterday. I think there’s a lot of women out there complaining because they are jealous a bit. It takes a lot of work to stay in shape the way Shakira and JLo have at their ages. Kudo’s to them.

I suppose. I must admit that I'm far from being a fan of their genre anyway. Like I said, I like one song from Shakira and that's because it was on Zootopia.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Against the #1 pass defense, a 78 is like a 90 if you’re grading on a curve.

I bet that’s the best QB rating against that defense this postseason.
I was just answering the question.
That D is tough

Btw, Aaron Rodgers had a 97 rating vs them the game before

InTheZone

Reaction score
Nope. As evidenced by the fact there wasnt a penalty.
I don't know why you're being like this. They didn't call 2-3 other hands to helmet, or helmet to helmet hits on both QBs. I was glad for the consistency, but there's no doubting it should've been a penalty.

Just wondering, since the refs decide they don't see teams holding our defensive linemen by the necks do you also say those weren't penalties by the fact they weren't called? lol asking for a friend.

lukin2006

Reaction score
This one was actually very good and entertaining. Thing I love about Latin America is women are happy to be women and be sexy! Its a refreshing relief. As far as half time shows go, the best one hands down was Prince! The ones you mentioned.........ain't no body want to see them. Dull and Boring.

LOL. Those sold-out tours that classic rock artists partake in are all a myth. LOL. I prefer what is factually happening...

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

I would have to agree. I thought the show was rather good, especially Shakira. She performed with great energy and presence while still singing well. It was a huge upgrade after that awful Maroon 5 show last year. I don't think any of the booty shaking that was done is anything that would shock any kids these days.It wouldn't even have shocked me back when I was a kid.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Naw you are free to do what you want just wondering where it’s coming from lol.
I rent too much space in you head too often. Don't worry so much about what I'm up to. I know I'm interesting but not that much. :p

mmohican29

Reaction score
I don't know why you're being like this. They didn't call 2-3 other hands to helmet, or helmet to helmet hits on both QBs. I was glad for the consistency, but there's no doubting it should've been a penalty.

Just wondering, since the refs decide they don't see teams holding our defensive linemen by the necks do you also say those weren't penalties by the fact they weren't called? lol asking for a friend.

I'm being like this because if we are talking about the same play (the one where Jimmy G was on the ground holding his head) then I do not think a penalty was warranted. It was a chest high tackle and the pass rusher's helmet crown lifted into Garropolo's face mask slightly. At real speed it was a clean play. At best it was borderline. No flag was thrown and I believe in this instance it wasn't worthy of a flag.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'm being like this because if we are talking about the same play (the one where Jimmy G was on the ground holding his head) then I do not think a penalty was warranted. It was a chest high tackle and the pass rusher's helmet crown lifted into Garropolo's face mask slightly. At real speed it was a clean play. At best it was borderline. No flag was thrown and I believe in this instance it wasn't worthy of a flag.
There was no foul intention, but it wasn't a slight hit, JG's helmet was shook and he felt that. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a slight concussion. Regardless, that's a flag, and I've heard them say in every other game, "it doesn't matter how little or big, intentional or not". They weren't calling any shots to the QBs head that game though, so I'm glad they weren't picky about it.

mmohican29

Reaction score
There was no foul intention, but it wasn't a slight hit, JG's helmet was shook and he felt that. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a slight concussion. Regardless, that's a flag, and I've heard them say in every other game, "it doesn't matter how little or big, intentional or not". They weren't calling any shots to the QBs head that game though, so I'm glad they weren't picky about it.

In agreement, but if this was Lawrence hitting Wentz with the playoffs on the line and a flag was thrown, I'd be irate. Which is why I don't think a flag was warranted.