Twitter: No Romo on Sunday

DanManJ

Reaction score
As a fan I have to say I am kinda disappointed, I know its a smart move for the team but damnt I wanted to see him play Sunday.

anava

Reaction score
Smart move...but sad they dont trust the OL enough to let Romo get a series in. Not that I blame them.

erod

Reaction score
Thank you.

No need to put Romo behind that mass of paper mache.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No problem with that. We have 4 other pre season game to go no need putting him out there. Even if they did you are talking a series tops. Let Orton, Tanney who according to some will be the next starting QB get the playing time.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
smart move. no need to risk Romo sustaining a lower body injury resulting from him running for his life

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
yeah, I figured that was the route they were going. The O-line is still not set.

JBS

Reaction score
Want to protect Romo from a pointless game? Fine

But - the guys playing Sunday will be the same guys starting week 1 vs NY...so what's the difference? Save for Bernie..he won't be starting Sunday...so bc 1 starter is missing we bench our QB?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Want to protect Romo from a pointless game? Fine

But - the guys playing Sunday will be the same guys starting week 1 vs NY...so what's the difference? Save for Bernie..he won't be starting Sunday...so bc 1 starter is missing we bench our QB?

and 1 series is going to change the world? Not a 1st time in the HOF game that a starting QB for a team did not play. Dallas has 4 other and I have no doubt Romo will see action in all of those

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Um, we will likely have at least 4 of the starting 5 OL starting this game. If we can't protect Romo with starters, we might as well just start trying to sign any vet body possible. Moore, Waters and Winston and Hangartner while we are at it.

JBS

Reaction score
and 1 series is going to change the world? Not a 1st time in the HOF game that a starting QB for a team did not play. Dallas has 4 other and I have no doubt Romo will see action in all of those

I have no issues with benching him. Just don't tell me it's bc of injuries to the OL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have no issues with benching him. Just don't tell me it's bc of injuries to the OL

I don't know if it was that or not. Frankly I did not expect him to play even before training camp kicked off. The norm is 4 pre season games but with HOF we have 5. I think even if he did play it would be a series at the most. My hope is none of the starters are out there long. I don't want Ware, Lee and Carter out there more than a series if at that