Twitter: No Romo on Sunday

JBS

Reaction score
My reason behind what?

If you don't want to play him bc the game isn't important, fine. Or if he's not 100% yet, no problem.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Agree with the decision for many of the reasons stated above. No point in risking injury to our starting QB upon whose health the fortunes of this team depends. Plus, I'm interested to see what we have in Orton and our other backup QBs since Romo is pretty much a known commodity and his performance in camp has been consistent with his previous level of play.

JBS

Reaction score
What do you think the reason is for sitting him if you think it's BS?

I'm not saying the report is fake/BS. I'm saying that if that's the real reason, it's a dumb reason.

Personally, I think Romo isn't 100% yet. But I don't know if that's true

rynochop

Reaction score
Its a pre-pre season game..geez. How long ago was it that Garrett said the starters go on the clock in the second game? Too long for some memories apparently.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any definite word on Orton yet? No reason to play any of our studs if the 3rd/4th stringers are playing the whole game.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Any definite word on Orton yet? No reason to play any of our studs if the 3rd/4th stringers are playing the whole game.
Last I heard, Orton wasn't playing either. That was a little while ago. Don't know if things have changed. I doubt if Orton plays. It would be pointless. This game will be the Stephens-Tanney show.

DFWJC

Reaction score
At most he would have played 1series.
No surprise here, but I bet he's disappointed.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
It is pre-season. Seriously, who cares if Romo plays in any of them. Amazing the people complaining about it don't remember that Witten got hurt in a pre-season game last year (ruptured spleen!) when Romo checked down to prevent getting plowed because of our excuse of an o-line. It isn't just about Romo.

There are 16 games that count. The pre-season games are not part of those 16. They are just a money-making scheme for the NFL.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's all get the OL comments out of the way in this one thread, what do you say? Have at it, everybody.

Garrett basically told us this was a done deal a week ago, so, I'm not surprised. It's an extra preseason game, and they only need a handful of series to get the starters ready for the season. They're not going to go out of their way to play their vets early and often. Especially not ones who are sore from surgical procedures.

The OL for the whole year is likely to be an improved version of the one Romo's been completing seasons behind the last two years. I don't really think that was the deciding factor, but, as I said, don't let the keep anyone from getting all of the rest of their OL vitriol out in this one thread. Just let us hear it, everybody.

burmafrd

Reaction score
the more plays you are in the greater your chance of injury.

Ergo, the fewer you are in the less chance of injury.

You have your franchise QB that is not quite 100% yet from a surgical procedure.

It is a completely meaningless preseason game. The first of 5.

and some numbies here are questioning him not playing?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
This thread is proof that people will complain about anything. Not that we needed proof.