Non Football related

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Ok guys keep us Houston dwelling Cowboys fans in your prayers it looks like we may have a whopper of a :storm: (Rita) coming our way. So some of us maybe out of the loop here in a few days depending on how things play out with Rita.

Thanks in advance guys

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
You will be in our prayers......Keeping a close eye on it myself in case it decides to venture furture south

mullet

Reaction score
kangaroo, I am a houstonian too? Are you staying or going? I think I will make the call tomorrow night. Gotta go someplace that will have the Cowboy game.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
mullet said:
kangaroo, I am a houstonian too? Are you staying or going? I think I will make the call tomorrow night. Gotta go someplace that will have the Cowboy game.

Most likely leaving I have two small children 4 years and 7 years old; the 4 year old has autism. So I looking to see what tomorrow brings and if it brings what we think it is I will leave Wed evening or early Thursday morning to my parents that live in central Texas (Briggs) between Austin and Killeen.

Be careful mullet and AButcher I know he just moved here as well as several others who post here.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
Pray for us too here in Corpus....keeping my eye out

Yes you guys to I have a guy at work that is from there and has tons of his family there so he has worries on two fronts.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks Kang....yall be careful too...We find out tomorrow at noon if school will be cancelled...because the dorm people are being forced out tomorrow I believe. We'll see what happens.....either way it has potential to be scary and I just hope we all stay safe along the coast...and i have a few friends up in H-town and they're just as scared as us. Prayers for everybody, they're taking our evacuees along with yall's to Arkansas I believe...I feel bad for them, it seems like it will never stop for them.

BybeeBlitz

Reaction score
I'm going to school at Sam Houston so I think everyone is coming here now. Hopefully things aren't so bad here. I need to see a Cowboy win Sunday!

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Thanks DLK and thanks for the site...ill be seeing it ever few hours or so.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Bybee, since you go to Sam Houston and I go to A&M - Corpus Christi does that mean you can provide a shelter for us in case we evacuate ? lol jk

Kangaroo

Reaction score
BybeeBlitz said:
I'm going to school at Sam Houston so I think everyone is coming here now. Hopefully things aren't so bad here. I need to see a Cowboy win Sunday!
Woot a Bearcat Alum here and it is cool that Walker County has already has shelters that have taken evacuees from Galveston in.

It is always cool how communities open up and help each other and shows the true core of the american people.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you as one who was indirectly impacted by Katrina. Katrina hit very close to home. I hope this one misses you. Stay safe!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing Roo. I'm from Baytown myself. I have a lot of family still in the Houston area. I will definatly keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. I hope this thing veers of but honestly, it's gotta land somewhere so really, what do you do? I don't know.

Just please, don't take chances. Hurricane parties are idiocy. Sticking around doens't make anybody more of a man, or whatever. Everything but your life can be replaced.

Not really saying this to you Roo. Just kinda saying it to everybody. Good luck man.

Smith22

Reaction score
Everyone stay safe please. Don't take any chances, just get to a safe place and ride it out.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
You will be in our prayers......Keeping a close eye on it myself in case it decides to venture furture south
That weather wall around the GRV will stop Rita dead in her tracks :laugh2: