Video: ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** - My Observations of Michael Bennett Newly Signed Dallas Cowboys

ultron

Reaction score
I love ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** breakdowns, looks good

Knotamus

Reaction score
Personally, I’ve never been a big fan of either Bennett’s. I remember in the past reading that Michael Bennett stated he’d never play for the Cowboys (sorry, I don’t have link). Comparatively, I didn’t like the past Greg Hardy signing either. Obviously that’s a personal take, but if Bennett can improve our pass rush.. this trade is a steal. I just hope Bennett’s character doesn’t poison our locker room. The good news is, Kris Richard has worked with him and seemingly knows what he’s getting.

That said..on the field, Bennett will make an immediate impact, much like Quinn has. He’s undoubtedly a seasoned veteran with a skill set that translates easily within Marenilli’s scheme. Bennett will surprise some how good he’ll look. Unlike DLaw, he’s healthy, which is already a plus exp compared to Tyron Crawford. Quinn and Bennett may end up being our top Defense Line players by years end. Hopefully, this will alleviate pressure on DLaw and all DT will benefit from this trade.

I just pray, that Bennett won’t show his *** and cause trouble from within. At best, hopefully he brings an edge that this team desperately needs.

Aven8

Reaction score
Could possibly have the same impact on defense as Coop did for the offense last year. Yes, he’s older, but a piece to the puzzle folks. If we could only part a 1st for Jamal Adams now. It would be glorious.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Bennett can give us 20-25 quality snaps each week, this trade will be a success. Thats not a high bar.

Kaiser

Reaction score
That said..on the field, Bennett will make an immediate impact, much like Quinn has. He’s undoubtedly a seasoned veteran with a skill set that translates easily within Marenilli’s scheme. Bennett will surprise some how good he’ll look. Unlike DLaw, he’s healthy, which is already a plus exp compared to Tyron Crawford. Quinn and Bennett may end up being our top Defense Line players by years end. Hopefully, this will alleviate pressure on DLaw and all DT will benefit from this trade.

Great post. I was kind of shocked by this, but I keep going back to these three things -

We didn't pay anything, its no loss if they cut him tomorrow.

We don't make this trade unless Kris Richard signs off, who was his DC for three years.

The locker room has a lot of leaders - Dak, DLaw, Sean Lee, Amari Cooper, Frederick, Byron Jones, etc. Most of the articles say he is a "beat of a different drummer" type, meaning he's a jerk but not so much of one that it has really impacted a team (unlike Martellus).

Who knows what happens, but it seems like a good gamble to take.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Collins, Lawrence, Quinn, and Bennett...I HOPE teams ignore that squeezing in!:starspin::thumbup:

...we still have our 'rook' growing in the shadows, for now.

He'll learn a lot of top shelf 'tude for sure.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Bennett will be judged, from now on, according to how he responds to the coaching he gets with the Cowboys and also how he contributes in games. What he's done with other teams is currently irrelevant. What's important at this juncture is how he conducts himself with Dallas.

The C-boys acquired him on the advice of Kris Richard, who had three years to observe MB during his time in Seattle. He advised the Dallas FO that he felt Bennett was a model citizen during his 3 years at their facility. Hopefully, Bennett does likewise with the Cowboys and their staff.

Last edited: