Video: Not Dez Nor Daks Fault. It's The Oline

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I kinda wanna believe we need to draft some help for the o-line. I think it is like buying a new car and not wanting to get the first oil change at 3,000mi due to the engine being fresh.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I gotta give this guy some props. His Dez isn't guilty video obviously wasn't a pro-Dak production. But, to follow that up and show what the film says both Dak and Dez are capable of is refreshing. Like he said, I blame the coaches more than the OL. The lack of adjustments form these guys is befuddling.

condoin125

Reaction score
For everyone who thought Collins held his own vs Von Miller, watch the Denver game highlights shown in this video starting shortly after the 9 minute mark....Miller beat him like a drum repeatedly....nearly as bad a game as Chaz Green had.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
For everyone who thought Collins held his own vs Von Miller, watch the Denver game highlights shown in this video starting shortly after the 9 minute mark....Miller beat him like a drum repeatedly....nearly as bad a game as Chaz Green had.

You mean the second half where we were down several scores and Miller could sell out to rush? It's not like he was getting beat all game like Green was vs ATL.

Collins took time to round into form. You can see him short set and whiff --not surprising vs Miller-- and have issues timing his punch in general. Watch him against Khalil Mack later in the year. He's working much better laterally and with the right amount of patience.

That is the issue that I think more people need to consider. Switching positions from the interior OL to the outside is not easy. In the one you are heading straight back and the guy lined up basically right on top of you is coming right at you upfield because the gaps to either side are small. The cliche is its working in a phone booth. On the outside a pass rusher is coming at an angle to you and trying to do everything he can to make you miss. You have to move laterally and be patient because if you lunge to early its over.

With severely reduced practice time in the new CBA, it's that much more worse.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You mean the second half where we were down several scores and Miller could sell out to rush? It's not like he was getting beat all game like Green was vs ATL.

Collins took time to round into form. You can see him short set and whiff --not surprising vs Miller-- and have issues timing his punch in general. Watch him against Khalil Mack later in the year. He's working much better laterally and with the right amount of patience.

That is the issue that I think more people need to consider. Switching positions from the interior OL to the outside is not easy. In the one you are heading straight back and the guy lined up basically right on top of you is coming right at you upfield because the gaps to either side are small. The cliche is its working in a phone booth. On the outside a pass rusher is coming at an angle to you and trying to do everything he can to make you miss. You have to move laterally and be patient because if you lunge to early its over.

It’s also Von Miller. Probably the best rusher in the league. Compared to Adrian Clayborn who is a career JAG, scrub.

GenoT

Reaction score
I’d blame Jerry...but that’s kinda been done to death.
:grin:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

This why I hate talk about "killing two birds with one stone" buy drafting an LG that play LT. You move your LG to LT if Tyron goes down, you just downgraded two positions at once and severey disrupted chemistry. And I dont think people realize how vital chemistry is to OL play

Cowboyqb12

Reaction score
Is is Dak? Is it Dez? I say it's coaching and the scheme. I'd like to see a coaching staff that can adjust in the face of adversity. Look at how teams like New England (over the years) and Philly (this year) have adjusted to adversity. Heck, Philly won the Super Bowl with their backup QB, who BTW, won the MVP...

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
This just proves that the coaching is atrocious. If the QB is getting hammered all the time, you need to gameplan for quicker routes.