Not enough turnovers

sportsman

Reaction score
The one thing that has to improve over last year is creating turnovers on defense. I still did not see that in preseason. When we are playing on the road the defense has to come with key INTs to shorten the field for the defense.

If this doesn't happen this year we will not make the playoffs, again.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
sportsman said:
The one thing that has to improve over last year is creating turnovers on defense. I still did not see that in preseason. When we are playing on the road the defense has to come with key INTs to shorten the field for the defense.

remember, we are playing very vanilla.. no blitzes, which cause most turnovers.. the one time we blitzed with our starters? Roy tackled the RB for a two yard loss (which was a really sweet tackle by the way)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sportsman said:

I feel the same way. The improvements I wanted to see on D were better pass rush and more turnovers. I was disappointed with both tonight. Ware keeps getting close but no cigar. We need someone to be a take charge playmaking leader on this team. That person needs to emerge quickly. It's almost as if they don't think in terms of stripping the ball and getting interceptions the way other teams seem to. But I know a better pass rush will lead to more ballhawking, particulary from TNew and Henry who are always in position, even when they give up a play.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
One of the best ways to force turnovers is to force the other team to play catch up, making them more predictable and forcing them out of their comfort zone.

How? Easy put some points on the board and dictate the game. It doesn't work real well in the preseason because teams are so vanilla and theres no real pressure to try and win.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
sportsman said:

See preseason approach in basic defensive text book. :laugh2::laugh1::bang2: