Not so obvious benefit of Brad Johnson:

2much2soon

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been brought up yet but having Brad Johnson as the holder has to be a big plus for Folk's kicking.
Can you think of a more steady guy to have back there, having a calming affect on the kicker and more than likely providing perfect ball spots on every kick?
Johnson has been around forever and seen everything the game has to offer. He has to be a big positive for Folk.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
2much2soon;1697988 said:
I don't know if this has been brought up yet but having Brad Johnson as the holder has to be a big plus for Folk's kicking.
Can you think of a more steady guy to have back there, having a calming affect on the kicker and more than likely providing perfect ball spots on every kick?
Johnson has been around forever and seen everything the game has to offer. He has to be a big positive for Folk.

Whatever it is Folk is amazing this year

2much2soon

Reaction score
Nors;1697994 said:
Whatever it is Folk is amazing this year

For some reason, to me, the ball seems to move very slowly and deliberatively on his FGs and PATs. Like it knows its on target and going through the uprights. Dude can really stroke it.

znar

Reaction score
2much2soon;1697988 said:
I wander if it was Brad that changed the snap count on the second FG try at
the end of the game..It got the defense off side, but the FG was good anyway.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
znar;1698031 said:
I wander if it was Brad that changed the snap count on the second FG try at
the end of the game..It got the defense off side, but the FG was good anyway.

It probably was Brad. Nick Fold said he and Brad talked about it because they had film of the bills jumping the snap count and they did draw them offsides by changing the count.

If Nick Folk had missed that second kick and the game ended on a penalty, I assume we accept, move the ball up some and re-kick. Could of had 3 chances at that one FG.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I loved Folk's response when one of the players was encouraging him after the 1st FG when it was nullified by the time out. He said something like "I'm fine. I'll make it 3 times if I have to." You know what, I believe he would have too.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1698095 said:
I loved Folk's response when one of the players was encouraging him after the 1st FG when it was nullified by the time out. He said something like "I'm fine. I'll make it 3 times if I have to." You know what, I believe he would have too.[/quote]

So do I....the kid seems to be unflappable.:)

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I'm not sure what impact Brad Johnson has on Folk, but that kid has ice water running through his vains and has a very strong leg. The first time he kicked that 53 yard FG, it looked like it would be good for at least 60 yards. :eek:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
2much2soon;1698002 said:
For some reason, to me, the ball seems to move very slowly and deliberatively on his FGs and PATs. Like it knows its on target and going through the uprights. Dude can really stroke it.

I don't know as I have ever seen as straight a kicker. He not only makes it, he dead splits the uprights most times.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
What are the odds of winning that game?

It's a great Omen.