Nothing Ticks Me Off More About This Team Then...

BybeeBlitz

Reaction score
The way we freaking celebrate every DAMN play on defense like we just won the Super Bowl. And it is EVERY player, especially Ware. Slamming the turf after that fumble, ARE YOU SERIOUS?! We're down 28-7. These guys care so much about individual achievements and it's so *** obvious.
It also goes with Canty every play, Bradie James every play and especially Mike Jenkins. This guy celebrates a dropped TD by Plaxico like it was Jenkins prescene that made him drop it. Im tired of this D's attitude, they have no knowledge of the game. Their "MUSCLES" celebration on every first down or second down play only makes a little part of me hope the other team converts on 3rd down just to make them ****.
Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this way!?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me. If that's what it takes to get them to play like they have a pulse, then so be it. I'd rather they didn't, but whatever. At least it means they've done something.

What bothers me far more is the lackadaisical attitude the players seems to have on the sideline while the team is getting its *** kicked. Standing around smiling and shootin' the **** like they don't have a care in the world.....and with the exception of TO, who's a pouter, and Pauleuscu(sp), who's a punter, they're all guilty of it.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
i agree with you to a point.

if i remember correctly when Ware made his play it gave us the ball back and gave us a shot to go down the field, so that was a HUGE play.

and i usually don't care anytime Ware does that, b/c that's all he does, he doesn't try to taunt the other team or whatever, he's just celebrating and i think it pumps up the rest of the team.

now you are right about a lot of the other guys, they go way overboard with it.

and i agree on the Jenkins clap, b/c Burress just dropped that pass, it had nothing to do with Jenkins.

so i agree with you about 90%

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the football in the 21st century. Shoot. Players help their opponents off the ground after tackling them. Call it sportsmanship. I call it being too touchy-feely about the other team when your sole motivation should be to stomp your opponent into the dirt for 60 minutes, but I'm old school so...

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
DallasEast;2393219 said:
That's the football in the 21st century. Shoot. Players help their opponents off the ground after tackling them. Call it sportsmanship. I call it being too touchy-feely about the other team when your sole motivation should be to stomp your opponent into the dirt for 60 minutes, but I'm old school so...
no the COWBOYS do that....almot like the are aplogizing for tackling. The Giants do not, did not helpt the Cowboys up. I have said it and I will keep saying it....Jerry has hitched his wagon to the wrong horses. Lots of younger veterans tied up in huge long term big money deals...and not many of them have a clue on how to win. And that incldues the coaches.

jimmy40

Reaction score
BybeeBlitz;2393129 said:
The way we freaking celebrate every DAMN play on defense like we just won the Super Bowl. And it is EVERY player, especially Ware. Slamming the turf after that fumble, ARE YOU SERIOUS?! We're down 28-7. These guys care so much about individual achievements and it's so *** obvious.
It also goes with Canty every play, Bradie James every play and especially Mike Jenkins. This guy celebrates a dropped TD by Plaxico like it was Jenkins prescene that made him drop it. Im tired of this D's attitude, they have no knowledge of the game. Their "MUSCLES" celebration on every first down or second down play only makes a little part of me hope the other team converts on 3rd down just to make them ****.

I came real close to posting "Ware does his Johnny Jolly impersonation" when he did the fumble celebration but they didn't actually give us the fumble so I didn't.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
The Titans D does more random celebrating than any other team I've seen this year. It seems to work for them. I'm not familiar with their team but you can see the unity when their backs are against the wall.

We have no team leaders on defense. Our D looks like three separate cliques - line, linebackers, secondary - and nobody on the defense seems to transcend that and command everyone's respect/attention.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;2393240 said:
no the COWBOYS do that....almot like the are aplogizing for tackling. The Giants do not, did not helpt the Cowboys up. I have said it and I will keep saying it....Jerry has hitched his wagon to the wrong horses. Lots of younger veterans tied up in huge long term big money deals...and not many of them have a clue on how to win. And that incldues the coaches.
If you believe only the Cowboys do that, you're not watching football in today's world... and I'm not just talking about the NFL...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BybeeBlitz;2393129 said:
The way we freaking celebrate every DAMN play on defense like we just won the Super Bowl.
I hate seeing that from any player on any team.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
I love my team...but it pains me to admit my team is full of dumb players.
Lots of dummies committing dumb penalties.

Decleater101

Reaction score
BybeeBlitz;2393129 said:

You're not the only one that feels that way.

However, your reasoning is so bizarre that I think my head is going to explode. I do not feel that way.

I have spent countless hours recently reading threads about how this team show's no FIRE, no PASSION, no ENTHUSIASM, no HEART.

I believe that all the "celebrations" that bother you are the players way of motivating themselves, but more importantly each other. They are at least TRYING to generate the fire and passion. It's not about individual achievements. JEEEEZZZ, give 'em a break.

Seems they are "damned if they do" and "damned if they don't". I guess that's why we pay them the big buck's. :(

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I have said it many times.

This defense should be dubbed the 2nd downers....

that is all they do celebrate second down tackles and then give up all the yards and more on third down.

They are a bunch of celebrities with average to below average talent.
Hamlin and tank johnson lead the way. Very poor players who are viewed as leaders and are very animated on the field yet they do virtually nothing.

Tank johnson is a doormat.