Now I know how Packers fans must have felt!

TheCritic

Reaction score
All of those regular season wins during their McCarthy Era. Held hostage by the fluke 2010 Super Bowl run when the all NFC playoff teams suddenly collapsed. There's a reason why McCarthy is no longer in Green Bay and it wasn't just Aaron Rodgers throwing a tantrum. Their front office simply got tired of the Dec/Jan collapses - pure and simple. And here we are, falling for the same snake oil. But hey, what do I know. If any of you are brave enough to go look at McCarthy's track record in Green Bay and what the criticisms were at the time, you'll find the same labels being cast today. SOFT!!! Can't win tough games on the road. It's all there!

mldardy

Reaction score
Farve and Rodgers.
What about them. You got have great QBs to have success. either that or get lucky. He had some unlucky moments like Favre's INT in 2007 and the special teams muff onside kick in 2014

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
McCarthy had the same thing he does here. A front office that won't spend on free agents.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
10-4 and in the playoffs feels like heaven compared to the Garrett years when we'd have to hope for a last week of the year win to crack .500.

Be careful what you wish for.

mldardy

Reaction score
He is a YES man and that's what JJ likes
He's really not but whatever, Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett were yes men. McCarthy doesn't strike me as that. He strikes as a guy who loves coaching and wants success. After GB, he could have just packed it in and rode off with his SB ring. But hey it's nice to just throw out blanket statements like this without any facts.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nothing to do with McCarthy? Are you stupid? Has everything to do with McCarthy!
The Cowboys have had the 1 seed twice this century and lost at home in the divisional round. Those were Garrett teams. They're also the only NFC 1 seeds to do that.

As the other poster said, the Cowboys have been doing this stuff long before Mike showed up. It's funny, changing coaches doesn't change results. I wonder why?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
All of those regular season wins during their McCarthy Era. Held hostage by the fluke 2010 Super Bowl run when the all NFC playoff teams suddenly collapsed. There's a reason why McCarthy is no longer in Green Bay and it wasn't just Aaron Rodgers throwing a tantrum. Their front office simply got tired of the Dec/Jan collapses - pure and simple. And here we are, falling for the same snake oil. But hey, what do I know. If any of you are brave enough to go look at McCarthy's track record in Green Bay and what the criticisms were at the time, you'll find the same labels being cast today. SOFT!!! Can't win tough games on the road. It's all there!
"We" did not fall for anything. Only Stevie Wonder fans who do not pay attention fall for the same oke doke every year. And Dallas has been folding every December for almost a decade now.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Every coach in the NFL has been kicked to the curb including: Belichek, Payton, Reid. Your point is silly. He got results in GB period.
Don't forget Landry and Jimmy. Those two bums weren't worth a darn, so Dallas "kicked them to the curb" too.
:muttley:

Seriously though, if we can't hire a coach that has been fired because they are bums, we better be looking at some H.S. Grad and hope he can learn on the job.