Now is the perfect time for the Cowboys to get PC

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We are good.

We dont know how good just yet.

We have important games coming up.

Reporters and other teams will be looking for "something"... anything... bulletin board stuff..

I would be happy if this team got real focused and real PC with their answers.

Crayton has to shut it.

Generic Answers should include:

"I am just happy to be here"

"we are just trying to win ball games"

"they have a really good team"

"they have some great players"

"we just want to play football"

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
YoMick;1762465 said:
Generic Answers should include:

"I am just happy to be here"

"we are just trying to win ball games"

"they have a really good team"

"they have some great players"

"we just want to play football"

As well as:
"We have 53 leaders on this team"

Reaction score
Giving teams bulletin board material has to be the most overrated thing in sports. I want a confident team, not a falsely pretentious humility faking Patriots team that just takes it 'one game at a time' bla bla bla. If we're good enough, we'll beat the team in front of us every game, no matter how motivated. I want confident players who tell it like it is, as long as they show class at the same time.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
YoMick;1762465 said:
Reporters and other teams will be looking for "something"... anything... bulletin board stuff..

Crayton has to shut it.
They will, and he does.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't care for Crayton comments but I'm not upset with it or worried about it. Jimmy Johnson once told the media put it in 3 inch letter we will beat the 9ers and we did because we were the better team. All the talk in the world does not change the outcome of the game, the team that makes the fewest mistakes and executes will win the game.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Joshmvii;1762515 said:
Giving teams bulletin board material has to be the most overrated thing in sports. I want a confident team, not a falsely pretentious humility faking Patriots team that just takes it 'one game at a time' bla bla bla. If we're good enough, we'll beat the team in front of us every game, no matter how motivated. I want confident players who tell it like it is, as long as they show class at the same time.

Yeah and how is that working out for them..... pretty good huh?
I will take it.

Doomsday101;1762539 said:
I don't care for Crayton comments but I'm not upset with it or worried about it. Jimmy Johnson once told the media put it in 3 inch letter we will beat the 9ers and we did because we were the better team. All the talk in the world does not change the outcome of the game, the team that makes the fewest mistakes and executes will win the game.

Doom - you know that if TO had been the one yapping like Crayton has been lately you would be all over him. If I am not mistaken you have already expressed your disdain for TO and his yapping.

Doesnt apply for all players?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1763371 said:
I will take it.

Doom - you know that if TO had been the one yapping like Crayton has been lately you would be all over him. If I am not mistaken you have already expressed your disdain for TO and his yapping.

I would not care for it and said that about Crayton but I'm not upset over it. I would not be upset if TO was trash talking even though I might not care for it. Where I draw the line is when you start mouthing off about teammates and coaches on your own team. Having said that I have been very please with TO and this season as well as this past off-season and like others I see change in TO and how he handles himself with the media. So you can stop trying to put words in my mouth.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1763382 said:
I would not care for it and said that about Crayton but I'm not upset over it. I would not be upset if TO was trash talking even though I might not care for it. Where I draw the line is when you start mouthing off about teammates and coaches on your own team. Having said that I have been very please with TO and this season as well as this past off-season and like others I see change in TO and how he handles himself with the media. So you can stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Mornin' Doom...

Just checking... thought you blasted TO before about it...

I just want a more TCB kind of team. We are steadily improving.... and going PC would be another step in the improvement direction

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1763385 said:
Mornin' Doom...

Just checking... thought you blasted TO before about it...

I just want a more TCB kind of team. We are steadily improving.... and going PC would be another step in the improvement direction

Things I have blasted TO are things that I stated above. Trash talking while I may not care of it goes on throughout the NFL and it is not going to stop but I also do not think it gives a team an edge one way or the other. What I ask out of this team is to put in your work during the week to get themselves ready and on Sunday give your best. Win or lose I can accept it if I feel the team went out and gave their best.

sacase

Reaction score
The thing about PC is he doesn't run his mouth until after the game. Even when he does talk he never talks about what he did he talks abotu the team as whole. Its not like he is coming on there saying things like its because of me that we won today. As long as he talks the team up I have no problems with that.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Crayton was on Sirus yesterday w/ Adam Schiene (Spelling) and Solomon Wilcox. He did a pretty good job or tip toeing around some questions where he could have sounded like a complete arse.

I'm not very good at recaping or for that fact recalling what exactly was said yesterday, but I'll do my best.

Comments about Jacobs and what was going on between the two?

- Didn't think anything was going on with them. Said that Jacobs talks alot, and had no comments about him after he said that Crayton basically stunk. He didn't feel he needs to respond to his commments, just let them be. We beat them by double digits now twice, nothing else needed to be said.

Question about his comment about the Patriots after their game?

- Said game was alot closer. Take away the throw away score at the end, and the 4th and 1 holding and no telling what might have happened. Still believes we can beat them and should have beat them. He said anytime you lose a game, you want to play that team again. Thats what it's all about. You strive to beat the "perceived" best team. He does think too many people have claimed them to be the best of all time...just doesn't see it that way. They have to make sure they stop making mistakes (penalties).

Romo?

- He puts the ball in a perfect postion for us to carry our momentum through the catch. He's very calm during pressure situations...keeps it cool. If they get scored on, then Romo's in the huddle saying, ok, now lets get it back.

TO?

- Said that having him and Witten basically opens the field up for him and Hurd. He made it a point to include Sam in the conversation. Said that with those two, it allows for single coverage for them, and they can go and make plays.

Credit for offense this year?

- Not enough credit is given to the O-line.

I'm trying to think of some of the others questions...phone keeps ringing here at work. Will try to keep remembering them :D

aikemirv

Reaction score
YoMick;1763371 said:
I will take it.

I think Sunday was a prime example of what running your mouth will get you. Just ask Burnett.

IF TO yaps like Crayton he gets a bullseye from the other teams and they are even more determined to shut him up. If Crayton yaps after the game, he gets a bit of a bullseye and teams will try to shut him up and it may free up Witten or TO from time to time.

Crayton does not bother me but I will tell you, whether it were TO or ROMO doing it, I would not be happy with either one of them. You just make yourself a target.

Woods

Reaction score
aikemirv;1763741 said:
I think Sunday was a prime example of what running your mouth will get you. Just ask Burnett.

IF TO yaps like Crayton he gets a bullseye from the other teams and they are even more determined to shut him up. If Crayton yaps after the game, he gets a bit of a bullseye and teams will try to shut him up and it may free up Witten or TO from time to time.

Crayton does not bother me but I will tell you, whether it were TO or ROMO doing it, I would not be happy with either one of them. You just make yourself a target.

Agree 100%.

I always prefer players who let their play on the field do the talking.

Reaction score
I will take it.

It's working out that well for them because they are better than all the other teams, not because they are humble. Don't get me wrong, I don't want our players acting classless, and especially not like the Giants were leading up to this game, but I don't have any problem doing a little defending of our team after we finish beating them, as long as it doesn't go too far. Crayton has gone a little far a couple times, i'll admit.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I will take it.

Joshmvii;1763837 said:
It's working out that well for them because they are better than all the other teams, not because they are humble. Don't get me wrong, I don't want our players acting classless, and especially not like the Giants were leading up to this game, but I don't have any problem doing a little defending of our team after we finish beating them, as long as it doesn't go too far. Crayton has gone a little far a couple times, i'll admit.

Respectfully. I disagree.

I cant remember a time that the Patriots started any smack talk or gave another team bulletin board material.

While they are better than all the other teams THEY DONT give any teams anything to get up for...