Now that camp is complete, good time to look at next year's needs!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Edge-Sam Williams will not play this yr, will DLaw return after this season? Kneeland looks like a quality base player, will he get better as a pass rusher. Parsons will be hitting his option contract year.

DT-can Osa stay productive for a full season? Will he be resigned? Mazi has yet to make an impact, backups are more journeymen.

WR-Brandin Cooks isn't expected to resign after the season. Tolbert has yet to make an impact. Team lacks a true #2 receiver, perhaps #3 as well.

RB-it appears that they have adopted a running back by committee over a quality lead back. Need to get younger legs in the room.

S-there is a need for a legitimate, playmaker at the position. Both starters will be headed in their final years of their contracts next season.

QB-In my opinion, fully believe Dak is going to resign, but they need to continue to look for his future replacement. Don't see a high pick here.

Tackle-big year for Steele, will he rebound? Depth behind the starters looks real thin, far better within the interior.

gtb1943

Reaction score
DT will arguably be the biggest need
RB to be blunt you can get in third or fourth rd so not huge
as regards the O line we need this year to see who works and who does not amongst the young ones
Kendricks does not have much time left so really I would put that right behind DT as biggest needs
A playmaking safety is something we have not had since Woody so its always a need but never one that Jethro will use a high pick on

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
DL, WR

The same needs as every year, for every team, in the early rounds.

I don't know where the "Cooks isn't expected to re-sign" comes from. He's not going to find a better roster fit.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Do not forget that this Front Office takes contrarian stubborn stances on positions only to overcorrect a year or two later.

That being said, Running Back will be a priority next year.

Go get this guy. He lowkey reminds me of a faster Emmitt Smith.
Fi6Fnz1UoAEVji_.jpg:large

I would not be opposed to spending two picks on a RB, preferably not in the 1st round

gtb1943

Reaction score
Do not forget that this Front Office takes contrarian stubborn stances on positions only to overcorrect a year or two later.

I would not be opposed to spending two picks on a RB, preferably not in the 1st round
a generational RB is the only one I would pick in the first rd

Cowboyny

Reaction score

It looks like Zimmer started to bring those big DT's, rather then those quick twitched ones Marinelli/Quinn covet.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
DL, WR

The same needs as every year, for every team, in the early rounds.

I don't know where the "Cooks isn't expected to re-sign" comes from. He's not going to find a better roster fit.
It's more about his age and contract. Very similar to Gilmore who they let walk.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
DT will arguably be the biggest need
RB to be blunt you can get in third or fourth rd so not huge
as regards the O line we need this year to see who works and who does not amongst the young ones
Kendricks does not have much time left so really I would put that right behind DT as biggest needs
A playmaking safety is something we have not had since Woody so its always a need but never one that Jethro will use a high pick on
I wonder if Liafaul is the future mike linebacker for this team.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I wonder if Liafaul is the future mike linebacker for this team.
hard to tell. To be the Mike you have to sniff out the offense intentions and react to them; Liafau is so aggressive I am not sure he is suited for that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams are absolutely already building draft boards and scouting based on projected need.
Where is that information at so I can look it up? Been following this league for over 50 years. Not once have I ever heard of a team building their draft board in August before the season begins.