NT candidates

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Taylor with the 69th pick or is that too high?. I really like the fact that he has a wrestling background, so he should have good hand and feet movement and a knowledge of leverage.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2652017 said:
Taylor with the 69th pick or is that too high?. I really like the fact that he has a wrestling background, so he should have good hand and feet movement and a knowledge of leverage.

a little high

more like 113th

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Taylor is Brace is gone in round 3. I didn't like Taylor's height (he's 5'11 and some change right?), but the length of his arms are about the same as Ron Brace and longer than Raji, Baker and a few others.

So Taylor in the 4th (ours not detroit) may be a good option

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2650348 said:
Texas DT Roy Miller - 6'1" 310, 4.97 40, 36 reps on the 225 bar

Hey, those are some good numbers for Roy...

Clemson DT Dorell Scott - 6'3" 312, 4.92 40

Hampton DT Chris Baker - 6'2" 326, 5.02 40, 35.5 vert

Also impressive...

Gonna want to see Brace run better than a 5.4 at his Pro Day, though...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2652078 said:
Hey, those are some good numbers for Roy...

Also impressive...

Gonna want to see Brace run better than a 5.4 at his Pro Day, though...

Roy is a Longhorn I wouldn't mind you homering out for

heck, I'll join you

dmoore

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2652074 said:
I wouldn't mind Taylor is Brace is gone in round 3. I didn't like Taylor's height (he's 5'11 and some change right?), but the length of his arms are about the same as Ron Brace and longer than Raji, Baker and a few others.

So Taylor in the 4th (ours not detroit) may be a good option

NT is one of the few positions where being short can be an advantage. It's harder to move a 300+ pounder that is low to the ground and can use leverage.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I think Dorell Scott would make an excellent backup NT this year. He certainly has the size, speed and strength for the position. He could at the very least, spell Ratliff on running downs as a rookie. Hopefully, he can take over full time by season's end. Then, we can dump Spears and showcase Ratliff, Scott and Hatcher up front in 2010.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Silverstar;2652811 said:
I think Dorell Scott would make an excellent backup NT this year. He certainly has the size, speed and strength for the position. He could at the very least, spell Ratliff on running downs as a rookie. Hopefully, he can take over full time by season's end. Then, we can dump Spears and showcase Ratliff, Scott and Hatcher up front in 2010.

That's a possibilty.

I would take Terence Taylor,Dorell Scott,Ron Brace or Sammy Lee Hill in this years draft.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Here's a good pic of Dorell Scott in pads.

72742985.jpg

Think Jason Ferguson...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Silverstar;2652826 said:
Here's a good pic of Dorell Scott in pads.

72742985.jpg

Think Jason Ferguson...

Pretty impressive. He's not fat at all.

A few all-you-can-eat buffets and he could be 325 like the Braces and Rajis without really being fat. You're right, just like Ferguson.

I just wonder a little about his motor, because I read he had to be kicked in the pants at one point because he was underachieving. But if we're satisfied that won't be a problem, he sure seems to fit what we're looking for.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2653079 said:
Pretty impressive. He's not fat at all.

A few all-you-can-eat buffets and he could be 325 like the Braces and Rajis without really being fat. You're right, just like Ferguson.

I just wonder a little about his motor, because I read he had to be kicked in the pants at one point because he was underachieving. But if we're satisfied that won't be a problem, he sure seems to fit what we're looking for.

That's why I don't like Scott he doesn't have that no stop motor that you'd want.

slotshot

Reaction score
Raji definitely has some "junk in the trunk"...some people should NOT wear spandex.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Short fire plugs are great for NTs. Being able to easily get under a taller players pads is a big advantage. One thing is a MUST: the guy has got to have a non stop motor.