Nugget how Donovan Wilson would excel in Zim scheme

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why am I getting Darren Woodson vibes........
Remember Woody played LBer in college and then converted to strong safety in NFL .......keep an on Zim looking for a similar player during the draft

fivetwos

Reaction score
The play of Wilson and Kearse was disappointing this past season.

Yeah let’s go with that word.

But since they will now be yelled at and given dirty looks, I expect a big rebound.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

But since they will now be yelled at and given dirty looks, I expect a big rebound.
Kearse will be gone. He's a free agent and I don't think they will bring him back with Wilson, Bell and Hooker here.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm concerned about Dono playing 2 High, which, I believe Zim runs a lot. I think Juanyeh will fit well into this new defense. Interested to see how Dono and Bell are used at SS.

Reactions: CWR

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Let’s hope Kearse continues to stink. He’s heading to Washington in about 4 weeks
I would think so. I could see Quinn viewing him as a player to help the transition to his defense.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Woodson had the coverage ability of a CB and could run with receivers. Wilson has been more of a box safety, but if we shore up the run game, I think he could be successful as a safety in a shell defense. He plays the ball well. He just isn’t a good man coverage guy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Woodson had the coverage ability of a CB and could run with receivers. Wilson has been more of a box safety, but if we shore up the run game, I think he could be successful as a safety in a shell defense. He plays the ball well. He just isn’t a good man coverage guy.
I'm not sure if you remember but John Madden used to say the closer Woody played to the line of scrimmage the more effective he was

CWR

Reaction score

Kearse is good as gone. They been setting that up. Dono had been really good prior to last year. I know we are still pissy, but Zimmers D will have more differences than just a "mean coach."