NYPost Article - Pierce: We are Gonna Shock A Lot of People....

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
BIG BLUE AIMS FOR RED DAWN

PIERCE: WE ARE GONNA SHOCK A LOT OF PEOPLE:

Middle linebacker Antonio Pierce says the Giants, who will don their red jerseys for tomorrow's showdown with the Cowboys, have practiced as though they're ready to shake things up in the NFC East. November 10, 2007 -- IN and around Giants Stadium, a Red Storm is brewing.

Clad in their red jerseys, the surging Giants believe they are ready to sweep the Cowboys out to sea in tomorrow's King of the NFC Hill showdown and shock that part of the world that views them more as pretenders than contenders.

Linebacker Antonio Pierce can see it and hear it and feel it everywhere he turns, especially in the way the Giants have practiced all week ... especially on his side of the ball.

"Faster; probably our fastest we could practice all year, as far as defensively," he said. "We got guys flying to the ball ... it looked like we were in minicamp almost, when guys first get out there and everybody's running to the ball ... it looks like a training tape almost."

He sees and hears it and feels it inside the meeting rooms.

"Everybody's a lot more attentive to detail - looking at more film, asking more questions in meetings - guys normally ask questions in meetings but ... certain questions: being more exact, being more to the point," he said. "By [Thursday] we had guys already kinda calling out plays and knowing formations and stuff, which is very key for us."

Pierce was told that must give him a confident, optimistic feeling.

"Of course; it'd be different if we had eight guys or four guys doing it, you know?" he said. "But we got all 11, and then you got your backups coming in and doing it. That lets you know that everybody understands what's at stake this week."

I asked him when was the last time he saw this team this ready for a game.

"Probably the Washington game, 36-0, two years ago, [following the death of Wellington Mara]," he says.

The sign that greets the Giants when they enter their locker room reads "Have Something to Prove." The Giants will try to prove they can beat a big team in a big game, try to prove they belong in any Super Bowl conversation.

Their "Have Something to Prove" sign should read "Just try and Prove it before opening your mouth":starspin

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Does this guy ever shut his trap? Really now this is getting a bit tired.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;1755624 said:
Does this guy ever shut his trap? Really now this is getting a bit tired.
By 6:00 this evening he won't be so excited about today.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Middle linebacker Antonio Pierce says the Giants...have practiced as though they're ready to shake things up in the NFC East.

How, exactly, does one practice like that?

November 10, 2007 -- IN and around Giants Stadium, a Red Storm is brewing.

Can you say...MELODRAMA?

Smith22

Reaction score
Bring it! Tnew, Henry, Tank, Ellis and company will be waiting!

:giants::giants::giants:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. If players on the opposing team of the Cowboys talk, they'll look like geniuses if they win, and the media will play it up. If they don't, the media won't care about it, and it will soon be forgotten. It's a win/win situation for Pierce.

J-DOG

Reaction score
I think the Giants players actually believe all that media hype thier own press churns out.

Givincer

Reaction score
I love the fact that they're buying their media hype. Love it.

Shock us, Pierce. Please, shock us.

:laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been more sure that we were going to annihilate a team. NY talks and talks, and the Cowboys are just sitting back and taking it all in. Pretenders need to talk, to get themselves amped up for the game. The Giants are clearly pretenders.

newlander

Reaction score
this guy is. I've been following NFL football for 30 years and I have NEVER heard such idiocy. "Flying to the ball in PRACTICE like it's training camp" and "guys asking great questions that are to the point, in meetings." I feel dumber just for having read his moronic comments. If I could have one thing come true in todays game it would be for Davis or Columbo to knock this ****** into the 45th row. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............:bang2:

notherbob

Reaction score
It's not the talkin' that wins the game, it's the doin'.

People often try to project a superior attitude to mask the feelings of inferiority that they are afraid to admit. Those who are quietly confident don't feel a need to mouth off. Ever notice that the truely great athletes are seldom the trash talkers?

Whistlin' past the graveyard to prove you're not afraid only proves that you are.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
newlander;1755846 said:
this guy is. I've been following NFL football for 30 years and I have NEVER heard such idiocy. "Flying to the ball in PRACTICE like it's training camp" and "guys asking great questions that are to the point, in meetings." I feel dumber just for having read his moronic comments. If I could have one thing come true in todays game it would be for Davis or Columbo to knock this ****** into the 45th row. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............:bang2:

I had a slightly different take on those comments.......
EMBARRASEMENT............aren't you supposed to be doin this every week?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VACowboy;1755631 said:
How, exactly, does one practice like that?

I guess by not practicing the way they did prior to our first game?:D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;1755850 said:
How would a Giant victory be "shocking"? They're not 0-8.

Well...I think you just ruined his mojo.:D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Radio announcer in NY on monday morning.

"And the Hits just keep on coming... 101.1......CBS-FM......... NEW YORK...."
In Sports.... Giant mouth's closed.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Pierce needs to look at what happened to the last lb who ran his mouth against us.....Joey Porter :D

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1755902 said:
Pierce needs to look at what happened to the last lb who ran his mouth against us.....Joey Porter :D

http://img98.*************/img98/1548/capta04403c6a0c440cfa54qm7.jpg

The only thing that will be shocking about the giants is how they will be humiliated at home and swept by the cowboys.