O-line

DALLAS D

Reaction score
I just couldnt resist. I just had to make a thread to show some love for that Dallas Offensive Line. And i know there will be many using the excuse that Romo is fast and makes them look good. But just look at how the steelers are getting man handled and how Roethlisberger might as well lay down a blanket since he's on the turf so much. Loving our O-LINE and its bull that the eagles are playing any different, they just arent playing the BOYS.:bow:

bigE79

Reaction score
DALLAS D;2274243 said:
I just couldnt resist. I just had to make a thread to show some love for that Dallas Offensive Line. And i know there will be many using the excuse that Romo is fast and makes them look good. But just look at how the steelers are getting man handled and how Roethlisberger might as well lay down a blanket since he's on the turf so much. Loving our O-LINE and its bull that the eagles are playing any different, they just arent playing the BOYS.:bow:
:star: i love the new zero gang:star:

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2276690 said:
Romo was running for his life all night.

It looked like coverage to me much of the time. There was generally adequate time for Romo to make a read or two.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Eskimo;2276704 said:
It looked like coverage to me much of the time. There was generally adequate time for Romo to make a read or two.
Tony even commented on it after the game. Said something like "when you snap the ball and someone is always in your face, you've gotta just deal with it sometimes" or something of the sort.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
theogt;2276717 said:
Tony even commented on it after the game. Said something like "when you snap the ball and someone is always in your face, you've gotta just deal with it sometimes" or something of the sort.

a.I wrote the thread before the game
b. ask rodgers and rothlesberger what pressure is.
c. Alot of those sacks were his fault for holding it too long and atrributed to good coverage by greenbay

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2276717 said:

Rarely did anyone come entirely free on him. He generally could go through at least his first and second reads. Most of the pressure seemed to come after a delay. The OL did their job, the QB/receivers didn't do theirs.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Eskimo;2276814 said:
Rarely did anyone come entirely free on him. He generally could go through at least his first and second reads. Most of the pressure seemed to come after a delay. The OL did their job, the QB/receivers didn't do theirs.
Hmm...I just saw it very different.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I thought the OL was pretty solid tonight, dont see how anyone could complain. The run blocking was especially good.

Most of the pass rush they got I also felt was the result of coverage more than anything else. They did everything they could to take away Owens.

The impact of Hudson Houck is huge.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo could have avoided some of that by getting rid of the ball quicker instead of holding onto it too long.

The Line wasn't as dominate as it had been the first two games but they played more than well enough.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The run blocking was 140yds plus tonight not including FJ...

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
So if our line does better we win 42 to 16?

No educated fan or NFL coach will say OUR OL did bad tonight.

Sorry nit picking nay sayers, you lose. :lmao2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Eskimo;2276937 said:
Theo thinks Romo should have 5-8 seconds on every pass play.
I guess Romo's just be a brat who thinks he deserves more time too.

It's whatever. I saw him dodging around in the pocket almost immediately all night long. It's deceiving because he's so good at dodging defenders. With Bledsoe it'd have been a 7+ sack game.

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2276989 said:
I guess Romo's just be a brat who thinks he deserves more time too.

It's whatever. I saw him dodging around in the pocket almost immediately all night long. It's deceiving because he's so good at dodging defenders. With Bledsoe it'd have been a 7+ sack game.

When you hold the ball as long as Romo does to set up big plays downfield/double moves, etc., then you are going to have to deal with DL coming free eventually.

This is the weakness of Garrett's offense. Many of his plays (both running and passing) are slow in their development and this puts alot of stress on the OL and this is perhaps why we seem to get called for holding so often.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Eskimo;2277012 said:
When you hold the ball as long as Romo does to set up big plays downfield/double moves, etc., then you are going to have to deal with DL coming free eventually.

This is the weakness of Garrett's offense. Many of his plays (both running and passing) are slow in their development and this puts alot of stress on the OL and this is perhaps why we seem to get called for holding so often.
Again, I'm not talking about long developing plays. I'm talking about guys immediately being in the backfield pushing the pocket around.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Unfortunately Kyle Kosier reinjured his foot and couldnt finish the game. Corey procter finished the game.

Hopefully he is ok.