o-line

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
somebody who watched the game please explain what happened with the o-line

sbark

Reaction score
vikes front 7 is not all just hobo shabby....give them a little credit., but it was their strength against agrueably our weakness so..........

sago1

Reaction score
Our OL performed pretty good against the lesser teams, but was exposed against a good Vikes team. Our team needs some more work. I don't think either our offense or defense played well tonite. Vikes moved the ball too easily and their defense stopped our offense holding us to 3 crummy points in first half.

spindoc

Reaction score
Does anyone believe our O line's problems are fixable? I don't. We just don't have the quality at those positions. This will be a problem throughout the season ... just like the second half of last year. Hopefully, Bledsoe is ready to throw the ball in a hurry.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well, the Vikings have a good front line, but I'm more worried about the Panthers, Bucs, and such who have great front 7s.

scottsp

Reaction score
Our ones were just pushed around at the line of scrimmage. But in all fairness, neither offensive line could create much in the way of running lanes.

On one hand, it won't matter how many we keep out of the box if we fail to handle stuff at the point of attack. Early on, those weren't backers and safeties disrupting in our backfield. That was Pat Williams and friends.

But after thinking about it, it's not the worst thing for this line to take an arse whippin' tonight. Most of us realize this is very much a work in progress and they could very well improve as the season progresses. If we want to go anywhere, they have to. No two ways about it.

braw

Reaction score
If the OL was so bad, then the Vikes had what 10 sacks plus 28 points by half.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Line was manhandled, destroyed, and left for dead . Anyone who tries to spin it wasn't watching the game. They won't be able to handle Henderson or Stroud if they play like they did tonight.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Minnesota Viking defense has (I beleive) 18 sacks in the pre-season, and didn't tally a single one tonight. Yeah, that O-line is in shambles.:rolleyes:

SS

braw

Reaction score
parcells316 said:
Line was manhandled, destroyed, and left for dead . Anyone who tries to spin it wasn't watching the game. They won't be able to handle Henderson or Stroud if they play like they did tonight.

Then go watch another team the season is done....GEEZ

wileedog

Reaction score
parcells316 said:

Yeah, maybe it will be 10-3 at halftime again, and only that bad because Bledsoe got his hand tipped on a red zone pass.

The horror.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I'm not bagging the season, and you guys can keep the Blue and Silver colored glasses on, but when your starting rb rushes for -2 yards on 8 carries I'm guessing the line had something to do with it.

scottsp

Reaction score
parcells316 said:

Yeah, obviously they can't go into Jacksonville with that type of effort up front and hope to have much chance of moving the ball...or Bledsoe getting out alive. That said, I don't expect this sort of showing.

You're certainly right about the Jag defensive front. Spicer and Hayward aren't too bad on the outside either. Dallas better have it working up front that day. Though, for some reason, I expect them to be prepared.

AtlCB

Reaction score
parcells316 said:
You can't really say that about an o-line that didn't give up a sack. The run blocking wasn't very good, but nobody seems to run well in preseason.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
skinsscalper said:
Keep in mind that the Minnesota Viking defense has (I beleive) 18 sacks in the pre-season, and didn't tally a single one tonight. Yeah, that O-line is in shambles.:rolleyes:

SS

Interesting....(looking at them on my fantasy waiver wire, lol)

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
the minnesota defense looked like the second coming of the 85 chicago bears.

oh yeah...........andre gurode looked horrible after a good 3 games prior.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
scottsp said:
But after thinking about it, it's not the worst thing for this line to take an arse whippin' tonight. Most of us realize this is very much a work in progress and they could very well improve as the season progresses. If we want to go anywhere, they have to. No two ways about it.
That is a pretty good take.

ratpower

Reaction score
bigbadroy said:
somebody who watched the game please explain what happened with the o-line

Simple, they are not that good, their only solid guy is hurting ...oh and a team decided to blitz...

Prepare for all out blitzes cuz its coming...

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Our run-blocking against their first group did look awful. However, a couple of things to keep in mind:
1) Flozell Adams was replaced by a free-agent rookie. I don't care how good the rookie looks, that's a huge drop-off.
2) It looked to me like they were stacking up and daring us to run. When we decided to pass, they weren't doing a very good job at stopping us.
3) Our pass blocking looked good.