ODAWG'S Report on my birthday...I'm 26..Please Read

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Howdy Do everybody...How is everyone feeling so far in this off-season??? I tell ya that I'm doing just fine...I'm drinking a Miller on my B-Day just chillin thinking about what the Boys are up to??? We are up to alot I think...I dont know I just have this feeling that we are in great shape for some FA signings. Of course we have to wait until UPSHAW gets his head out of his ACE...but I have seen quite a few solid players being released from there respective teams and I gotta tell ya I feel great. This off-season is key for the boys and I believe we are on the right track. Not much has happened so far but just wait and see. Also lets all root for HENSON...Worst would be he does great and we build trade value for him. Who do you guys think we will sign in FA....Please Respond...Peace

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
what feedback I tell ya...I have been working long hours...I just want to know what yall know so far...god forgive me...ahahhha

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
What's up O-dawg? Long time no chat with.

Happy birthday.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate the friendlyness...IS THAT A WORD...I have been working my ace off and I havent been following the off-season like I should...please feel me in bro

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Happy birthday dude. Have fun, in fact have a BLAST. Only get to be 26 once so MAKE IT COUNT BRO! But be safe. And have one for ME...LOL

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Enjoy it while you can. MAKE some memories, not just tonight either. Trust me dude, just like that...POOF youth is gone. Just the other day it seems I was 26, prime of my youth then BANG...Im 42. Time flies.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Just yesterday I was 17 joining the Air Force in Basic Training...Cherish everything...Peace

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
ODAWG......Happy Birthday.....and I certainly hope you have had a wonderful day.

Here's to many many more 16th Birthdays.;) :D

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Now can somebody fill me in on what the boys are going to do in the FA market and how our chances are this coming year??????

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
ODawg said:
Now can somebody fill me in on what the boys are going to do in the FA market and how our chances are this coming year??????

Who knows OD.....there are a 1000 armchair GMs on this board and they have all given their opinions....:D

Here's mine.....Look for us to sign a vet OLineman, maybe a Freesafety, LB, or both and a kicker.

In the draft LB, WR, S......

If we can fill a couple of weak spots we will challenge for the NFCE for sure and who knows, maybe more.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
I think we are going to be real solid this year...My prediction...NFC East Champ...1st round Bye...reppin the NFC champ game...and who knows what from there...Peace

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Happy B'Day Odawg. I'd fill ya' in on what's been up with the Cowboys... but I just started a new job and I haven't been paying that much attention to what's going on myself.

Enjoy your 26th, bro!

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ODawg said:

Alright...since ya said please and it's your B-day an all. Here's my grand overview.

First off, our needs. We pretty much all know it, but here they are anyway. We need to upgrade RT, LB, FS, K and probably WR and if possible C.

Most of what we do will be result of what we think of the guys on our team already. We'll get a good feel for the coaches opinions based on who we pick up

Start with RT: Petitte, a 6th round rookie could improve, so he'll probably be on the team next year to allow for that. But at this stage, we can't expect him to start in 06.

Fabini is sitting around twiddling his thumbs right now. If we are looking for vets to upgrade our starting line-up while we develop guys like Petitte, then Fabini is the guy. He's 31...not ridiculously ancient for an OL and could give us 3-4 good years. I think this is a an easy choice.

Staying with OL, look at Center. Al Johnson may or may not be our center of the future. He's further along than Petitti, so if we has the staff's confidence we're looking at another ex-Jet in Mawae. The guy is old, but plays a similar (if better) game as Johnson and would be an excellent tutor.

I'm telling you, an excellent signing if we plan on Johnson taking over in a year or two. ( errr...or a year and a half). Give him a short term contract for a reasonable rate and we're in good shape.

On the other hand, if the staff feels Johnson is not going to develop, then we need to cut our losses right now and go for LeBentley. This is completely dependent on the CBA getting done though. Without a new CBA LeBentley will eat up all our room. LeBentley is gonna COST bigtime.

Next, FS. Davis was almost adequate, but would do better if we were kept on Special teams. So, in this case I don't think we're hangiing our future on a young guy who's going to develop. Of course we do have a relative unknown in Beriault, but I got the impression that he's more of a SS. we'll have to see about that.

So...with that in mind we are porbably going to be unfullfilled at the FS position. I can see yet another ex BP player in Marco Colman coming over for a Aaron Glenn type contract, but something tells me we are not going to get involved with the Chris Hope sweepstakes. We have a ton invested in the secondary already.

Every year, some position is left to chance. I don't see us being major players in FA at FS.

Kickers. I want Vinatieri. whatever the $$.

...but we'll probably end up with Bryant.

LB. Not sure where we'll go in FA, but I'd think a LB is pretty much a lock in the draft.

WR. I am praying that TO does not come here. that's all I have to say about that.

So there ya go.

Enjoy.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Erik_H said:
Alright...since ya said please and it's your B-day an all. Here's my grand overview.

First off, our needs. We pretty much all know it, but here they are anyway. We need to upgrade RT, LB, FS, K and probably WR and if possible C.

Most of what we do will be result of what we think of the guys on our team already. We'll get a good feel for the coaches opinions based on who we pick up

Start with RT: Petitte, a 6th round rookie could improve, so he'll probably be on the team next year to allow for that. But at this stage, we can't expect him to start in 06.

Fabini is sitting around twiddling his thumbs right now. If we are looking for vets to upgrade our starting line-up while we develop guys like Petitte, then Fabini is the guy. He's 31...not ridiculously ancient for an OL and could give us 3-4 good years. I think this is a an easy choice.

Staying with OL, look at Center. Al Johnson may or may not be our center of the future. He's further along than Petitti, so if we has the staff's confidence we're looking at another ex-Jet in Mawae. The guy is old, but plays a similar (if better) game as Johnson and would be an excellent tutor.

I'm telling you, an excellent signing if we plan on Johnson taking over in a year or two. ( errr...or a year and a half). Give him a short term contract for a reasonable rate and we're in good shape.

On the other hand, if the staff feels Johnson is not going to develop, then we need to cut our losses right now and go for LeBentley. This is completely dependent on the CBA getting done though. Without a new CBA LeBentley will eat up all our room. LeBentley is gonna COST bigtime.

Next, FS. Davis was almost adequate, but would do better if we were kept on Special teams. So, in this case I don't think we're hangiing our future on a young guy who's going to develop. Of course we do have a relative unknown in Beriault, but I got the impression that he's more of a SS. we'll have to see about that.

So...with that in mind we are porbably going to be unfullfilled at the FS position. I can see yet another ex BP player in Marco Colman coming over for a Aaron Glenn type contract, but something tells me we are not going to get involved with the Chris Hope sweepstakes. We have a ton invested in the secondary already.

Every year, some position is left to chance. I don't see us being major players in FA at FS.

Kickers. I want Vinatieri. whatever the $$.

...but we'll probably end up with Bryant.

LB. Not sure where we'll go in FA, but I'd think a LB is pretty much a lock in the draft.

WR. I am praying that TO does not come here. that's all I have to say about that.

So there ya go.

Enjoy.

Good post. I agree with everything and would add that I'd like to see our cap money invested in "our" players and not high priced FA's.

Oh, and ODawg Happy Birthday. This is a great time of year. I had my Birthday back on Wednesday. :D