Odds look good for another crazy NFL season

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Odds are Randy Moss will shake his rump in Denver someday just as he did in Green Bay. Odds are the weird chapter of Ricky Williams’ career still has a few unwritten pages. Odds are Terrell Owens may have a few more words of disdain.

Odds are the NFL is going to be another wild ride. Odds are the following odds are way of base. The following is the odds of every NFL team winning the Super Bowl as they head to training camp:

New England 2-1: Maybe Belichick will just hug himself after the next Super Bowl win.

Indianapolis 4-1: Colts hate Patriots more than Jen hates Angelina.

Atlanta 6-1: If the Falcons win, Arthur Blanks presence on the sideline is feel good. If not, it’s a little Al Davisesque.

Pittsburgh 8-1: The Steelers’ best chance will be to blow home-field advantage.

Carolina 8-1: Hey Panthers, some advice: Don’t start 1-7 again.

Minnesota 9-1:Vikings have to make the Super Bowl. Tice can’t get tickets any other way.

New York Jets 10-1: Plenty of Doug Brien bobbleheads still available.

Philadelphia 12-1: The team has more heartache awaiting than a double onion cheesesteak.

San Diego 15-1: This year, Chargers will sneak up on the league like Star Jones at the buffet.

Seattle 15-1: Seahawks will strip Holmgren of his moustache if they fail to win this season.

Denver 16-1: If the Broncos fail, Plummer may have to get his bird-flipping finger ready.

Green Bay 18-1: Packers defense has a better chance of pitching a shutout than Brett Favre hiring Drew Rosenhaus.

St. Louis 18-1: Mike Martz promises to be more conservative. So does Courtney Love.

Dallas: 20-1: Big Tuna already thinking of unique ways of saying "embarrassing."

Kansas City 20-1: Likely Vermeil’s final year. The whole season could be a teary-eyed Oscar speech.

Cincinnati 20-1: It’s time for Chad Johnson to show he’s more than T.O. Lite.
Jacksonville 20-1: Maybe the Jaguars should of taken advantage of their luck when they had the chance.

Tampa Bay 20-1: What’s better entertainment? A happy Gruden or a pained Gruden? Sometimes it’s difficult to tell.

New Orleans 22-1: Hope Jim Haslett’s lease ends in January.

Arizona 25-1: If Kurt Warner fails again, the Hyvee won’t even take him back.

Baltimore 25-1: If Billick’s offense stalls again, the genius tag will be buried in the national fraud cemetery, right next to Eugene Robinson’s class act trophy.

Houston 25-1: Beware of the boring.

Buffalo 30-1: Can’t blame it on Bledsoe anymore.

Detroit 35-1: Jeff Garcia just waiting for a Joey Harrington mistake. Opening day is Sept. 11.

New York Giants 35-1: Somebody needs to set the players’ watches a few minutes fast this year.

Tennessee 35-1: Nashville police may work overtime at games. Just to keep an eye on Pac Man Jones.

Oakland 40-1: Just Moon baby. Raiders will be fun but dysfunctional. The Osborne’s without the accent.

Cleveland 50-1: Hope Romeo keeps his rings handy. Reminiscing is all he’s going to have for a while.

Chicago 50-1: Is it really that Lovie in Chicago?

Washington 60-1: Deconstructing Joe, Part Deuce.

San Francisco 70-1: Nolan should be able to wear a suit. After all, he’ll be going to his own funeral about 14 Sundays this year.

Miami 75-1: Nick Saban has a better chance of being voted Mr. Smile Florida than winning Super Bowl.

Bill Williamson writes regularly for NBCSports.com and covers the Broncos and the NFL for the Denver Post.

Hoov

Reaction score
So who do you like ?...Saints are intriguing at 22-1 odds, oh yeah Brooks is still QB for them, nevermind.... NE will miss their coordinators, plus their only 2-1 so no fun there. Indy cant play any defense. Id put money on Steelers and Jets given the odds here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoov said:
So who do you like ?...Saints are intriguing at 22-1 odds, oh yeah Brooks is still QB for them, nevermind.... NE will miss their coordinators, plus their only 2-1 so no fun there. Indy cant play any defense. Id put money on Steelers and Jets given the odds here.

I like the Pathers at 8-1 if I was going to lay some money down. John McClain told me he goes to Vegas before each season to place money on a longshot this year he said he was going with Dallas at 20-1

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe the Cowboys are actually 20-1. That's pretty good. I don't think they were ever that high after losing seasons in recent years.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
San Francisco 70-1: Nolan should be able to wear a suit. After all, he’ll be going to his own funeral about 14 Sundays this year.

some purty funny stuff in there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Wow. I can't believe the Cowboys are actually 20-1. That's pretty good. I don't think they were ever that high after losing seasons in recent years.

Some have confidence in Parcells given his track record. Which is why McClain was picking Dallas as his longshot. As much as he thinks Parcells is a jerk he also thinks Parcells will get this team turned around

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Baltimore at 25-1 looks like a tempting bet. If Kyle Boller starts to learn a thing or two and that new defense works fine, they have a lot of great players at most positions.

Hoov

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I like the Pathers at 8-1 if I was going to lay some money down. John McClain told me he goes to Vegas before each season to place money on a longshot this year he said he was going with Dallas at 20-1

I think the panthers are going to be a good team this year, they had a lot of key players hurt last year.

I still think the AFC is superior. Remember Pittsburgh trouncing Philly last year. Thing is there is no way a rookie QB was going to beat the Pats D last year. But if the Pats take a step back, Im looking for the Jets or Pitt to play Indy in AFC championship game. Gotta go with the team that can run and play Defense, even though manning is great QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoov said:
I think the panthers are going to be a good team this year, they had a lot of key players hurt last year.

I still think the AFC is superior. Remember Pittsburgh trouncing Philly last year. Thing is there is no way a rookie QB was going to beat the Pats D last year. But if the Pats take a step back, Im looking for the Jets or Pitt to play Indy in AFC championship game. Gotta go with the team that can run and play Defense, even though manning is great QB.

Can't argue with that. AFC has been the dominate conference it will be interesting to see if that starts to change this season.

chargrove

Reaction score
so this basically is predicting dallas to be the 14th best team in the league this season?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chargrove said:
so this basically is predicting dallas to be the 14th best team in the league this season?

I guess you could look at it that way but they also have 4 other teams with 20-1 odds (KC,Cinn,TB and Jac)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Some have confidence in Parcells given his track record. Which is why McClain was picking Dallas as his longshot. As much as he thinks Parcells is a jerk he also thinks Parcells will get this team turned around

sorta how I feel...except I find it hard to root for jerks... I will always root for the team though and just have to pretend the jerk does not exist

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
sorta how I feel...except I find it hard to root for jerks... I will always root for the team though and just have to pretend the jerk does not exist

I don't consider Bill a jerk, McClain does because of the strained relationship Bill has with the media. Bill is a no non-sense kind of guy and the media is full of non-sense and do ask some of the dumbest question as well as their role as Monday morning QB always second guessing. As for Bill's ability to coach even McClain acknowledges that Bill is one of the top coach's in Pro Football.