Twitter: Odds to win NFC East, per PFF power rankings

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Deadskin fans must be furious. We have a late-season showdown on our schedule to settle that score. We play them twice in three weeks in December... we could have the division all wrapped up by that time and not care who wins those games.

JayFord

Reaction score
If Dallas can be healthy for 15 games and boast an average defense they can easily win the division

The giants arent a concern to me

Philly doesnt win more than 5 games this year

Washington defensive line will have to win games for them because their offense isnt anything to write home about and their secondary is just ok linebackers are good nothing too special they will be around 9-8 or 8-9, 7-10

Dallas can win 12-14 games is they can stay healthy and make smart coaching decisions thats all it boils down to.....if we start fake punting in our own territory and throwing 30 yard bombs on 4th and 2 when we couldve kicked a field goal and then we have last years injury issues they wont win 6 games

JayFord

Reaction score
The Skins are going to be in for a ride. QBs they beat last year
Ryan Finley
Ben Dinucci
Andy Dalton
Nate Sudfeld
Carson Wentz
Nick Mullens
Big Ben
That's all of their wins

This year they get to play
Herbert
Allen
Brady
Mahomes
Arod
Russ
Dak x2
this i agree with....their dline is fierce but if you look at the games they dominated in the offenses were either not good or they were playing backups and backups against that washington front you can call it a night

but good/great offenses actually handled their front and sometimes with ease Cleveland pretty much had their way and Tampas oline was stone walling them as well

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
this i agree with....their dline is fierce but if you look at the games they dominated in the offenses were either not good or they were playing backups and backups against that washington front you can call it a night

but good/great offenses actually handled their front and sometimes with ease Cleveland pretty much had their way and Tampas oline was stone walling them as well
Basically gave up 30 to every good offense. Outlier was Seattle but they were limping by then.

J12B

Reaction score
Deadskin fans must be furious. We have a late-season showdown on our schedule to settle that score. We play them twice in three weeks in December... we could have the division all wrapped up by that time and not care who wins those games.

You mean Deadteam fans ;)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Basically gave up 30 to every good offense. Outlier was Seattle but they were limping by then.

I mentioned something like this 3 months ago when most everyone thought the WFT would kick our butts handily.
Moore just needs to exploit their weakness and we can hang 30 on them easily.

From what I seen of them this PS, though yes, it is PS, Fitzpatrick did not look all that good in basic plays. So if our defense can even be average to above average by the time we play them. Though I guess their offense could be better by then also. But we should be able to hold them to less than 30.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well Haskins has moved on to the Pitt football club now, so does that add to or subtract from their W/L record?

Sydla

Reaction score
Seems the team we think we need to least worry about is the one that ends up being the biggest pain in the butt.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Only worried about Washington.

That defense is going to be trouble.

Not surprised........in fact, if our D plays at the top 14, we are the 4th best team in the NFC IMO. Only the Bucs, Seahawks, and Packers are better.

Reaction score
Ryan Finley
Ben Dinucci
Andy Dalton
Nate Sudfeld
Carson Wentz
Nick Mullens
Big Ben
That's all of their wins

Herbert
Allen
Brady
Mahomes
Arod
Russ
Dak x2

Pretty disingenuous list there. You can only play the guys you face. However Finley was in because they knocked Burrow out, Same with Dinucci because Dalton got knocked out. Sudfeld played about a quarter after the eagles pulled Hurts.
Before the season and Wentz's implosion, he was not considered a bottom feeder qb. I wouldn't say the teams we lost to were an indictment of the DL, it was more about the qb play which was ranked 32 out of 32 teams. A pathetically awful Haskins, followed by journeman Allen and the one legged Smith. The offense was putrid. The team obviously wasn't good enough to beat the good teams, but they were good enough to beat the bad teams, dallas included. So what does that say about the cowboys that they couldn't even beat the bad teams, eh?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Both the Eagles and Giants should be bad this season so that should be 4 wins for Dallas. If they split with Washington that puts them at 5 wins in 6 games. If they can manage to 6-5 in the other 11 games they finish with an 11-6 record which should win the division. Ultimately it's on Dallas to lose the division with Washington their only competition for it.

75boyz

Reaction score
Might come down to who is healthier on the offensive and defensive lines in late December.

If Im not mistaken they play each other twice within 3 weeks at the end of the season.

Their d line played well against backup tackles last year. Hopefully Smith and Collins are not injured by the time they play.

Proof

Reaction score
Ryan Finley
Ben Dinucci
Andy Dalton
Nate Sudfeld
Carson Wentz
Nick Mullens
Big Ben
That's all of their wins

Herbert
Allen
Brady
Mahomes
Arod
Russ
Dak x2

damn. this is a great post. I hadn't realized that, and it's good to know. thanks!

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Pretty disingenuous list there. You can only play the guys you face. However Finley was in because they knocked Burrow out, Same with Dinucci because Dalton got knocked out. Sudfeld played about a quarter after the eagles pulled Hurts.
Before the season and Wentz's implosion, he was not considered a bottom feeder qb. I wouldn't say the teams we lost to were an indictment of the DL, it was more about the qb play which was ranked 32 out of 32 teams. A pathetically awful Haskins, followed by journeman Allen and the one legged Smith. The offense was putrid. The team obviously wasn't good enough to beat the good teams, but they were good enough to beat the bad teams, dallas included. So what does that say about the cowboys that they couldn't even beat the bad teams, eh?
Probably that they were missing their QB? Which is the only way the team could win any games? Because they got smoked by every good QB. Good news is you'll get to see Dak add to his 7-1 record against Washington but I'm afraid y'alls season might be over by then.

Reaction score
Probably that they were missing their QB? Which is the only way the team could win any games? Because they got smoked by every good QB. Good news is you'll get to see Dak add to his 7-1 record against Washington but I'm afraid y'alls season might be over by then.
LOL we cycled through 4 qb's, one was ineffective and the other two got hurt again, so I guess I can use that excuse too.
the 4th was a journeyman signed off the street before the playoffs and even HE got hurt in the game vs tampa.
you know what they say about excuses..

JustChip

Reaction score

Only worried about Washington.

That defense is going to be trouble.

I’m not really worried about Warshington. I don’t expect to be swept by them and neither do I expect we sweep them. If right, it’ll simply boil down to the other 15 games.