Ode to the Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Since everyone is compelled to dance on Hambrick grave, time to offer up an "ode" to a his backfield mate (who hopefully will be displaced like his comrade Hambrick)

There once was a quarterback named Carter,
Unfortunately for the Cowboys, the starter

Carter's play most weeks was trash,
he was asked to drive the bus but too often would crash

Carter's passes oft resembled ducks,
not too hard to see why he just sux

Short hops, overs, unders and behinds he heaves
Oh how I hope Henson starts soon, so Q leaves

This is my ryhme, I'm sure QC clones will just lambast
To those who do, I'd say just kiss my ***

:)

David

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
Well, now you've gone and done it.

Prepare yourself for the inevitable wailing and knashing of teeth that always happens when you spit on the sacred cow.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Quincy Haiku :D

First year he was rushed
Second year Hutch on his back
Third year drive the bus

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
Tricky-22 said:
Well, now you've gone and done it.

Prepare yourself for the inevitable wailing and knashing of teeth that always happens when you spit on the sacred cow.

Anytime someone posts a gratuitous and unprovoked slam on Carter, there's always a post like this right afterwards. Only, I never see the "wailing and knashing of teeth" predicted. Is it possible that you're only imagining Cowboys fans unreasonably defending their starting QB?

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
Since everyone is compelled to dance on Hambrick grave, time to offer up an "ode" to a his backfield mate (who hopefully will be displaced like his comrade Hambrick)

There once was a quarterback named Carter,
Unfortunately for the Cowboys, the starter

Carter's play most weeks was trash,
he was asked to drive the bus but too often would crash

Carter's passes oft resembled ducks,
not too hard to see why he just sux

Short hops, overs, unders and behinds he heaves
Oh how I hope Henson starts soon, so Q leaves

This is my ryhme, I'm sure QC clones will just lambast
To those who do, I'd say just kiss my ***

:)

David

I'm not a partisan supporter of the Q. But why some people refuse to give the guy credit for taking us to the playoffs just dumbfounds me. It sure wasn't our running game. Face it, with Q at the helm, driving the bus or whatever, we got to the PLAYOFFS for the first time in years. Does that mean he's the next Aikman? No. But damn open your eyes, take the blinders off, and at least be man enough to give the guy that much credit.

Again, I am not some blind supporter of Q. I think he needs to and can improve. But some of you guys act like we should outright drop the guy that was the QB for every game of the season and with mediocre talent around him, especially at RB, took this team to a 10-6 record and the playoffs.

Could he have played more consistently? Yes. Is he the next coming of Aikman? No. Did he improve over the previous season? Yes.

His work ethic is unquestioned. His drive to be a GREAT player and improve is unquestioned. He wants to be THE MAN for Dallas. He studies Dallas history. He, by his own admission, is a fan of the Cowboys.

So why is it that some people want him outright gone? After he has, and continues to, show improvement. Where is the disconnect here? Again, I honestly do not get it.

Reaction score
Quincy Haiku Part Deaux

Second year he mope & pout
Third year we could do without
Fourth year he'll just be put out

Domo Arigato :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:
I'm not a partisan supporter of the Q. But why some people refuse to give the guy credit for taking us to the playoffs just dumbfounds me. It sure wasn't our running game. Face it, with Q at the helm, driving the bus or whatever, we got to the PLAYOFFS for the first time in years. Does that mean he's the next Aikman? No. But damn open your eyes, take the blinders off, and at least be man enough to give the guy that much credit.

Again, I am not some blind supporter of Q. I think he needs to and can improve. But some of you guys act like we should outright drop the guy that was the QB for every game of the season and with mediocre talent around him, especially at RB, took this team to a 10-6 record and the playoffs.

Could he have played more consistently? Yes. Is he the next coming of Aikman? No. Did he improve over the previous season? Yes.

His work ethic is unquestioned. His drive to be a GREAT player and improve is unquestioned. He wants to be THE MAN for Dallas. He studies Dallas history. He, by his own admission, is a fan of the Cowboys.

So why is it that some people want him outright gone? After he has, and continues to, show improvement. Where is the disconnect here? Again, I honestly do not get it.

Carter had 5 good to decent games last year and he had 11 games that were poor now how in the world did he lead this team to the playoffs? I'll give credit where credit is due but Carter had as much to do with taking the Cowboys to the playoffs as Hambrick did. I expect Carter to come in and improve his game a lot more than what he did this past season, he is entering his 4th year and if he can't show major improvement in his game then yes he need to go just like every other former Cowboys QB who have shown as little as he has.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Carter had 5 good to decent games last year and he had 11 games that were poor now how in the world did he lead this team to the playoffs? I'll give credit where credit is due but Carter had as much to do with taking the Cowboys to the playoffs as Hambrick did. I expect Carter to come in and improve his game a lot more than what he did this past season, he is entering his 4th year and if he can't show major improvement in his game then yes he need to go just like every other former Cowboys QB who have shown as little as he has.

You're blind man. How do you define "poor" games, unspectacular? Look, Hambrick had THREE 100+ games. Didn't Carter pass for something like the most yards in a season in Cowboys history? Again, I'm not a partisan supporter. But, I mean Hambrick sure as hell did not lead this team to the playoffs. Carter had a few very good games, a few very poor games, and most were average games where he didn't exactly light it up but he did enough, and what it took, to win the game.

Maybe I'm insane but to me that sounds like he took the team to the playoffs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:
You're blind man. How do you define "poor" games, unspectacular? Look, Hambrick had THREE 100+ games. Didn't Carter pass for something like the most yards in a season in Cowboys history? Again, I'm not a partisan supporter. But, I mean Hambrick sure as hell did not lead this team to the playoffs. Carter had a few very good games, a few very poor games, and most were average games where he didn't exactly light it up but he did enough, and what it took, to win the game.

Sorry I'm not blind. When your walking off the field with QB rating of less that 75.0 you have not had a good game as a QB. As for the running game Dallas ranked 12th in the NFL as a Team our Passing totals were well below that. As for making the playoffs I'll credit the defense who kept Dallas in almost every game and set the offense up in position that at least Cundiff could kick the FG to get some points on the board. If you want to beleive that a QB who is turning the ball over as much as Carter has lead us to the playoffs be my guest

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
flashback said:
Anytime someone posts a gratuitous and unprovoked slam on Carter, there's always a post like this right afterwards. Only, I never see the "wailing and knashing of teeth" predicted. Is it possible that you're only imagining Cowboys fans unreasonably defending their starting QB?

Read the post immediately after yours and you can never say "never" again.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
BigDPlayer said:

Carter had very little, if anything to do with this team making the playoffs...almost anyone could have duplicated his mediocrity...

the only legit argument one CAN make is that had we got GOOD or QUALITY play from th QB position, we'd have won 2 or 3 more games and had home field adv throughout the playoffs

if you think Carter was good or average in the vast majority of games, your the one who's blind

David

jay cee

Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
Read the post immediately after yours and you can never say "never" again.

I personally saw nothing unreasonable about the post you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.