Of topic but USC

RS12

Reaction score
has the best offensive college football team I have ever seen. Made Arkansas look like a JV team last night. Nobody is gonna touch them again this year. Some team like maybe UCLA might put 40 on the board agianst their defense, but it wont matter because SC will score 50 plus without breaking a sweat. Reggie Bush easily a top 5 pick next spring, most explosive player in college football. Jarrett top 10 the year after, already dominating in college as a soph.

calico

Reaction score
yeah, they looked just filthy last night. Their D has some weaknesses that some top 10 teams could easily score on, but I don't know how you stop them.

However, it is a long season and they could slip up easily with their schedule. I remember in 2003 everyone claimed the Sooners were the best of all time and they were exposed at the end of the season. This SC team still needs a D for when they meet a team who has speed and size on D and can slow them down. Arky and Hawaii does not have that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RS12 said:
has the best offensive college football team I have ever seen. Made Arkansas look like a JV team last night. Nobody is gonna touch them again this year. Some team like maybe UCLA might put 40 on the board agianst their defense, but it wont matter because SC will score 50 plus without breaking a sweat. Reggie Bush easily a top 5 pick next spring, most explosive player in college football. Jarrett top 10 the year after, already dominating in college as a soph.
I agree. They will 3-peat most likely. Leinart will add another trophy and probably be the overall #1 pick, but Reggie Bush is their player I would pay to go see.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
50cent said:
How did our boy KIWI look yesterday, Hos?
Kiwi was a killer yesterday. He single handidly brought BC back into the game. Okay, not single handidly, but he was a man among boys. He strippd the ball away from a guy and put BC in reat shape. He's being double and triple teamed on most plays. The kid is amazing.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Best offensive team ever? In terms of a pro-style offense or just a college offense period?

If you meant what you said, I would suggest looking at the '95 Nebraska squad.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigWillie said:
Best offensive team ever? In terms of a pro-style offense or just a college offense period?

If you meant what you said, I would suggest looking at the '95 Nebraska squad.
How many form the '95 Huskers offense made the NFL and had impact?

I hate them, but USC is amazing.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Hostile said:
How many form the '95 Huskers offense made the NFL and had impact?

I hate them, but USC is amazing.

And this has to do with what? Way off base with the question.

But lets see how USC matches up against say 53PPG, while playing against 4 top ten opponents. Averaging 444ypg on the GROUND alone. Racking up 575ypg total by the offense and having arguably the best collegiate QB of all-time in Tommie Frazier.

Can USC match any of those statistics? I can go on if you'd like. But for your reading pleasure...

http://www.thecpp.com/teams/nebr_1995.htm

But I also may ask, how many of these USC players are currently in the NFL? :D

Seriously though Hos, you need to read up on what other teams said about the entire '95 Nebraska team. Danny Wuerffel (sp?) compared it to playing a NFL team in college by the way they hit and man-handled opponent after opponent. You'll find great quote after quote about how simply great that team was.

Frankly, I would take that team against any collegiate football team in history. The way those horses up front just wore on opponents and the speed and fereciousness of the defensive players was simply incredible.

If you can ever get a tape of the 1995 Orange Bowl against Florida, get it and watch it. Complete domination. You'll be shocked.