Off Season Baseball News

FloridaRob

Reaction score
News today is that Ohtani is signing with the Blue Jays. Very interesting he decided to sign there. You know the money is going to be insane. $600 Million? More? Good for him. Good for the Jays. The best player in the game I would have thought would have gone to either New York or Los Angeles.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just hope the Mets sign Yamamoto from Japan. Ohtani can go spend his $$$ in Canada for all I care, he can’t pitch again for awhile, Yamamoto can :thumbup:

Soto would be a nice edition too.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I just hope the Mets sign Yamamoto from Japan. Ohtani can go spend his $$$ in Canada for all I care, he can’t pitch again for awhile, Yamamoto can :thumbup:

Soto would be a nice edition too.
Soto is a Yankee. And I am a blue jays fan. STOKED about this if true.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
News today is that Ohtani is signing with the Blue Jays. Very interesting he decided to sign there. You know the money is going to be insane. $600 Million? More? Good for him. Good for the Jays. The best player in the game I would have thought would have gone to either New York or Los Angeles.
Damn, taxes are going to reduce that to about half. I think I could live on that.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I hope mets sign Yamamoto too. But if the money is similar I don't see how he picks the mets over the Yankees. Yankees already have a great lineup with a couple other ace pitchers. Plus the brand is still better. Cohen will have to offer 50 million dollars more. He may do it tho.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hope mets sign Yamamoto too. But if the money is similar I don't see how he picks the mets over the Yankees. Yankees already have a great lineup with a couple other ace pitchers. Plus the brand is still better. Cohen will have to offer 50 million dollars more. He may do it tho.
Cohen isn’t afraid to spend money unlike the Wilpons.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Damn, taxes are going to reduce that to about half. I think I could live on that.
lol. Tax rate in Toronto and LA are basically the same. I live here. Bonuses however aren’t taxed in the same bracket

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am a life long Yankees fan. I vomit when I see Cashman. I dislike him more than Jerry. That’s a lot. Maybe a $400 million payroll will save he and Boone.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ohtani hasn’t signed with anyone yet, it was all rumors based on tracking a plane from SoCal. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Yankees snag him now.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Yea, dodgers blew the roof off on that deal. 700 million. That is beyond stupid.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jordan Montgomery is going to be a valuable FA for someone . Wish he would sign back as a Ranger the rotation desperately needs him .

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty disgusted with the Dodgers. They are making a strong case for a salary cap :thumbdown:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Pretty disgusted with the Dodgers. They are making a strong case for a salary cap :thumbdown:

They have a “ luxury tax “ which I guess in baseball that $ is divided up by the teams under the threshold. Teams like NY & LA pay it no attention .

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have a “ luxury tax “ which I guess in baseball that $ is divided up by the teams under the threshold. Teams like NY & LA pay it no attention .
I know but Ohtani making 2 million a season on 700 million is ridiculous. What’s to stop thm from doing that from now on for every big FA? I’m just salty that they got Yamamoto too….

Jayinem

Reaction score
Adolis Garcia ends up getting 7 million per season from Rangers for two seasons, that's it? He's one of the best hitters in the league and a great outfielder.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Josh Jung calf strain out weeks . And I saw where Cody Bradford great out of the bullpen in the playoffs is penciled in as a starter . No Jordan Montgomery return likely . Have to cobble together a rotation .

T-RO

Reaction score
Adolis Garcia ends up getting 7 million per season from Rangers for two seasons, that's it? He's one of the best hitters in the league and a great outfielder.
At various stages over the past five years he has been
-all-star
-not MLB caliber

So there are questions about what level of success he can consistently sustain. No doubt his potential is other-worldly as he showed at times last year, esp. in the playoffs.