OFF TOPIC: How do you upload a sig

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to my ignorant self how to upload a sig. When you hit insert pic, it gives you a box for a URL.

I can't find the answer in the FAQ

NinePointOh

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, you'd have to find a place to host the image yourself if it's not already available online. The only image you can upload is your avatar.

You can try uploading it to Imageshack or another free image hosting site, but popular forums can often cause you to exceed the bandwidth limit with that picture, leaving you with a broken image in your sig.

LowTech

Reaction score
Thanks......I thought that was the answer, just wasn't sure.

LowTech

Reaction score
Thanks bbgun......I'm trying imagehost that 9.0 gave me a heads up on. We'll see if it works with this post.

edit:eek:r imageshack should I say

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
www.************* is the best place. easy and fast. ;)

Edit: Nevermind, You mentioned it Already. (ImageShack) haha

LowTech

Reaction score
thanks anyway Kowboy......its the thought that counts

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Just steal my sig, it'd be better than yours anyway.. .... JUST KIDDING!! Long live Otero!

igtmfo

Reaction score
Thanks be for this topic .. I'm an extra dense poster (I'm older ... please make special accommodations, handicapped parking, maybe ....) ... I wasn't able to gogol the answers to the following on the vBulletin site or anywhere ...

a) I'm even slobgozzled by the "quote" function; I get some simple HTML code that I can't make out around the quoted text ... I could be confident except that when I do "preview" the quoted text doesn't appear as it should ... that is it doesn't appear as it would in all y'all's posts here with neat boxed perimeter, it keeps the boring code around the quote ... I'm using Opera if it matters, is there something in "options" here that I haven't activated? I haven't hit "send" to any of these posts with quotes for fear of seeming a maladroit.

b) Diff between reply and quick reply? Embarrassed to ask, any help?

c) .... I shudder, and am happy, at the thought of the riffraff that fears posting on this board because they aren't all "decked out" with proper avatars, sigs, posting pics in the message, etc. .... I'm among them ... Social Darwinism at work ...

Thanks in advance to anyone answering these elementary message-board headscratchers.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
LowTech said:
it is a great pic isn't it

It is a great picture. I wonder why the Boys diddnt send me this catalog instead of the NFL catalog I got with Cowboys merchandise all over it.

LowTech

Reaction score
igtmfo said:
Thanks be for this topic .. I'm an extra dense poster (I'm older ... please make special accommodations, handicapped parking, maybe ....) ... I wasn't able to gogol the answers to the following on the vBulletin site or anywhere ...

a) I'm even slobgozzled by the "quote" function; I get some simple HTML code that I can't make out around the quoted text ... I could be confident except that when I do "preview" the quoted text doesn't appear as it should ... that is it doesn't appear as it would in all y'all's posts here with neat boxed perimeter, it keeps the boring code around the quote ... I'm using Opera if it matters, is there something in "options" here that I haven't activated? I haven't hit "send" to any of these posts with quotes for fear of seeming a maladroit.

c) .... I shudder, and am happy, at the thought of the riffraff that fears posting on this board because they aren't all "decked out" with proper avatars, sigs, posting pics in the message, etc. .... I'm among them ... Social Darwinism at work ...

Thanks in advance to anyone answering these elementary message-board headscratchers.

Well, I know Opera is a type of browser......I know nothing about.

A Quick Reply lets you answer a post from the page where reply will take you to a different page away from the post.

Don't worry about any sigs or avatars...post away.

To QUOTE someone.....look in the bottom right corner of a post. A blue button right beside the quick reply button. Click the quote button and preview post after your done.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
igtmfo said:

A: When you want to ''quote'' an entire post by another poster, all you have to do is click on the ''QUOTE'' button right underneath the actual window of the post. You'll see a QUOTE and REPLY button.

B: there really isnt much of a diff. between both. REPLY just gives you more options. When I reffer to options, I'm talkin about Puttin an image. quoting stuff or inserting SMILEYS and etc. Where as in QUICK REPLY, its more of an ''instant'' thing, where you just click on that and start typing without using smileys and all them options. ( THATS MY EXPLANATION ABOUT IT hehe)

C. ..uumm...:confused:

Hope I worked sumthing out for ya..:lmao:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=972066#post972066

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
LowTech said:
Well, I know Opera is a type of browser......I know nothing about.

A Quick Reply lets you answer a post from the page where reply will take you to a different page away from the post.

Don't worry about any sigs or avatars...post away.

To QUOTE someone.....look in the bottom right corner of a post. A blue button right beside the quick reply button. Click the quote button and preview post after your done.

:bastid: , beat me to it...:laugh2: jk bro..:D