Offensive Coaching Exodus

FCBarca

Reaction score
Offense really made some great strides this past season under Garrett and Sparano...With the probability of both of them taking HC positions elsewhere, that leaves a lot to be remedied for an offense that failed to put up many pts in the loss on Sunday...Is this going to be another step backward?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
No reason to think there will be a step back.

It does sound like garrett is going to take that baltimore job though, with his wife flying out to meet him for another interview this morning. He seems as good as gone.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If I'm an owner and I see what this offense did when TO went down, I just lost a lot of faith in Jason Garrett as my head coach or even as offensive coordinator unless my team has its own TO.

Even in Dallas, he's the man on the offense. He didn't get the job done without T.O. Surely that makes the job harder, and I'd hate to see him leave, but after his failure to put an effective offense on the field without T.O., I'm not crying over it.

Frankly, I see Sparano leaving because Parcells knows and trusts him and wants him in Miami.

I fully expect Jason Garrett to return to Dallas. I'm not convinced he'll get a job offer this year.

Woods

Reaction score
On offense, the two guys who could go are Sparano and Garrett.

I don't expect our WRs coach, QB coach, RBs coach to depart, for example.

I think Houck can replace Sparano, and I think Cameron can replace Garrett, if it comes down to that.

That said, I hope Garrett stays.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Woods;1906340 said:
On offense, the two guys who could go are Sparano and Garrett.

I don't expect our WRs coach, QB coach, RBs coach to depart, for example.

I think Houck can replace Sparano, and I think Cameron can replace Garrett, if it comes down to that.

That said, I hope Garrett stays.

well sherman, wilson and peete just got here so there is pretty much no chance they are leaving.

We are going to have a large number of vacancies on the defensive side of the ball.

Woods

Reaction score
theebs;1906346 said:
well sherman, wilson and peete just got here so there is pretty much no chance they are leaving.

We are going to have a large number of vacancies on the defensive side of the ball.

Yes, I think Pasq and Bowles.

But frankly said, I'm not as concerned about that because with Wade being a defensive coach, I think he can replace these two guys pretty easily.

In fact, I'd be surprised if Wade didn't already know who he was going to hire/interview. The writing has been on the wall for some time now.

Both Pasq. and Bowles were BP holdovers. I think Wade wouldn't mind putting his "own guys" there.

sago1

Reaction score
Very surprised that Garrett brought his wife along for his second interview. I just don't think he'd do that unless he was very serious about either the Baltimore job. Frankly, if I'm the Ravens owner you gotta wonder what he thinks about the Cowboys last 3 games of the season and our loss in the playoffs. Hopefully Garrett's not bailing out cause he doesn't believe the Cowboy offense can regroup next year and again become a scoring machine.

Final question: whose going to be his QB in Baltimore anyway?

Ren

Reaction score
it's looking like Garrett is going to Baltimore honestly for a guy that's supposed to be that smart this would be a really dumb move, that's an old team with a pretty bleak future right now :banghead:

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Dallas' Garrett in town for second interview
Assistant could be named new coach as soon as today
By Jamison Hensley | Sun reporter
January 15, 2008

Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett took a major step toward becoming the Ravens' next head coach, flying to Baltimore last night to interview with team officials for a second time, two league sources said.

If the meeting is a success, there is a chance Garrett could be named the third coach in Ravens history as early as today, one source said.

FCBarca

Reaction score
While I completely agree with the sentiments about the shortcomings with Garrett after TO went down with injury, I find that many of us may have forgotten how anemic the offense was last season with largely the same cast of characters...Would'nt it stand to reason that there will be a further drop in the offense?

Woods

Reaction score
If both Garrett and Sparano leave, I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Let's get the replacements in sooner rather than later.

I have a strong feeling that C Cameron will be re-joined once again with Wade.

I hope Houck comes back as well. And he's got a relationship with Cameron as well from last season.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Last year our anemic offense averaged 26.6 points and 360.8 yards per game, and struggled down the stretch.

This year the Redball offense averaged 28.4 points and 365.7 yards per game, and struggled down the stretch.

Last year we had two 1,000 yard receivers, a 1,000 yard rusher, another RB with 14 rushing touchdowns, and Tony Romo only started 10 games.

This year we added Leonard Davis at G to shore up that deficiency at RG, had two 1,000 yard receivers, a near 1,000 yard rusher, and Tony Romo started all 16 games.

If there is a difference between last year's unit and this year's, I fail to see a huge difference in production.

Ren

Reaction score
Woods;1906427 said:
I have a strong feeling that C Cameron will be re-joined once again with Wade.

I'd love to see Cameron get the job when Garrett's gone