Offensive Guard or Offensive Tackle

Eddie

Reaction score
Solid OG's can be found throughout the draft and many great ones are found on day 2.

Top tier OT's are usually first or second round picks. The drop off from there is severe.

I think we snag an OG with a day 2 pick. Day 1 is reserved for more important positions.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Solid OG's can be found throughout the draft and many great ones are found on day 2.

Top tier OT's are usually first or second round picks. The drop off from there is severe.

I think we snag an OG with a day 2 pick. Day 1 is reserved for more important positions.
Now that you've put it that way, I change my vote.:D

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
They need guards more than OT's. Kosier is average and we don't know if Rivera will ever regain close to his old form.

However, OT's are more important and harder to find. If Flozell and Fabini stay healthy, that will possibly allow Columbo, Rogers, Tucker, and Petitti to develop.

My big hope is that Flozell and Fabini stay healthy and play to their capabilities. From there, Columbo & Petitti show significant improvement and solidify the future (I still don't trust Jacob Rogers). Then they finally decide to move Tucker to offensive guard. That would aleviate a lot of future needs and allow for Dallas to focus on improving other important positions for the future (WR, QB, and Nose Guard)

Rich.............

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I'd say we're maybe a little weaker at guard, but I agree that tackle is much more important so it is a more pressing need.

Hoov

Reaction score
right now it looks like we have more depth at OT then OG, so i would like to see a guard drafted.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
K-DOGG said:
The best player available!:star:

Ditto. With the addition of Fabini the OT tackle isn't as pressing of a need as it was two weeks ago. With that being said, we need to get the best player available regardless of where he lines up.

SS

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
We have no depth anywhere on our OL

Flozell goes down, and we are back to Torrin Tucker.

Kosier goes down, we are using Peterman.

Rivera goes down...well....Gurode is at RG. Fabini goes down, Pettiti is starting.

We need depth on the OL. Fabini and Flozell are getting up there; I wouldn't mind an OT. Kosier is unproven and Rivera is coming off of an injury. I wouldn't mind an OG either.

Reaction score
I think you go by the talent at each position. This is one of the best OT drafts EVER! In my way of thinking, there is no way we should pass on one of the 4-5 players who can come in & become our future franchise LT. Flozell will be 31 & is coming off his worst injury ever, and Fabini will be 32 before TC. Pettiti is strictly a RT. The jury is still out on Columbo, & we have all seen that Tucker is a stop-gap at best. That doesn't bode well for the future.

With Ferguson, Winston, McNeil, Justice, O'Callaghan, and maybe even Scott, Colledge, & Whitworth, there are at least half a dozen OTs who can man the most important position on the line. These guys don't grow on trees. I'm talking giants who are coming out this year. Half of these guys are over 6' 6". McNeil is 6' 9", 335lbs.! We can get a very good starting OLB in the second round, but not a LT. Same goes for a FS. By the time our pick comes up in the 2nd rd., I don't expect ANY of the aforementioned players to be there.
So, we take a guard-big deal. We still would have blown the chance to obtain a quality player at one of the hardest positions to fill in the NFL. Don't think so. Then why are so many LTs franchised by their own teams every year? My point exactly.

marchetta

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Now that you've put it that way, I change my vote.:D

Yeah, he made a lot of sense. So, I've changed my vote as well.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dannyboy said:
What do we need more in the draft?

Got the perfect answer for you-- draft Charles Spencer, he can play either position...

Manster68

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Got the perfect answer for you-- draft Charles Spencer, he can play either position...

Bear,

Spencer intrigues me also. I think he will go early in the second round. So Dallas needs to trade down and pick up a few picks.

silver

Reaction score
OT. It's easier to convert a tackle to guard than the other way around. We got some tackles who could make good guards due to lack of mobility.