Offensive line

fortdick

Reaction score
Let us say, for the sake of discussion, Collins has a blow out year and he, Marten, Fredbeard and Tyron are all selected to the pro bowl. Romo has not his best season statistically, but manages the offense heavy on the run, throws for 3600 yards and 24 TD's vs. 6 picks. The Cowboys go to the NFC championship game and lose a tight one to the Bucs.

We have the 30th overall pick in the 2017 draft and a good RT drops because he drowned a kitten or broke his septum.

Considering our defensive needs, would you grab him and fill out the line? I would.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
Let us say, for the sake of discussion, Collins has a blow out year and he, Marten, Fredbeard and Tyron are all selected to the pro bowl. Romo has not his best season statistically, but manages the offense heavy on the run, throws for 3600 yards and 24 TD's vs. 6 picks. The Cowboys go to the NFC championship game and lose a tight one to the Bucs.

We have the 30th overall pick in the 2017 draft and a good RT drops because he drowned a kitten or broke his septum.

Considering our defensive needs, would you grab him and fill out the line? I would.

I stopped reading at Bucs in championship

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
If he is the BPA, then pick him, he also fills a need.

Resigning all those OL will be another issue though.

fortdick

Reaction score
I can't think of a better place to put the money with the weapons on offense. Dez, Witten, Zeke, Tyrion and Romo behind a 35 million dollar line!

AbeBeta

Reaction score

No. I'm all about an older guy then. Whitworth. Free.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Nah I would just grab a mid tier guy at RT in FA the next season. Maybe I wouldn't even do that if Chaz Green shows this season that he is legit. I would be all for an all defensive draft after the scenario you just described happened.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would take the BPA at literally any position, except RB (given Zeke is sill healthy).

fortdick

Reaction score
Nah I would just grab a mid tier guy at RT in FA the next season. Maybe I wouldn't even do that if Chaz Green shows this season that he is legit. I would be all for an all defensive draft after the scenario you just described happened.

Chaz isn't showing much. He may not be active in game days.

Again, spending money on the OLine is about as good an investment as I can imagine.

fortdick

Reaction score
Wow guys he just said for the sake of discussion. But no instead let's rain on his parade and have the 100th defense related or Zeke related discussion :rolleyes:

Had I mentioned Seattle or Green Bay, everyone would have assumed I expected it and they would have blasted me for that.

But thanks for looking out for me. Not many around here are that considerate.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Chaz isn't showing much. He may not be active in game days.

Again, spending money on the OLine is about as good an investment as I can imagine.

Well since we assumed they all had great years I hypothetical wanted chaz to have a good year too