Offensive Line

cboyd

Reaction score
I don't think any coach in the world can help our offense until we get an offensive line that can protect Romo and make some running room for Julius or Barber.

Mansta54

Reaction score
cboyd;1338435 said:
I don't think any coach in the world can help our offense until we get an offensive line that can protect Romo and make some running room for Julius or Barber.

Post of the day!!!!! :hammer:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
We have a OL, which just need a few replacment parts, namely a RG, and maybe a LT, i really dont wanna give up hope on Flo, he has shown he can get it done. I wanna see how his knee responds after a year of playing.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Mansta54;1338441 said:
Post of the day!!!!! :hammer:

Why because you agree with it?

A Post of the Day, would be something that everyone agrees with, that is spot on, and is very accuarte.

This is a higly debatable subject, that has huge holes in it

Mansta54

Reaction score
dargonking999;1338448 said:
Why because you agree with it?

A Post of the Day, would be something that everyone agrees with, that is spot on, and is very accuarte.

This is a higly debatable subject, that has huge holes in it

Dude whateva!! Relax!! I felt like it was the post of the day so I said so.. Chill out!!

cboyd

Reaction score
Name me one offensive lineman on our team that just domintated the opposing defensive lineman. I can't name one. They had thier moments, but for the most part they struggled.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
i would be reeal happy with Levi Jones in the 1st round

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
dargonking999;1338443 said:
We have a OL, which just need a few replacment parts, namely a RG, and maybe a LT, i really dont wanna give up hope on Flo, he has shown he can get it done. I wanna see how his knee responds after a year of playing.

Here you go dude... I got an idear on how to fix er' good!

Justin Blalock from UT, That's our RG in the draft who also has played RT...

LINK

Then go out and get a LT that can provide some depth as well as push Flo's performance.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
TheSport78;1338457 said:
i would be reeal happy with Levi Jones in the 1st round

psst! Isn't Levi Jones already a 5 year pro???

Check your Googlin':D

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
There are not many lineman that just dominate the defense. I think our line was not horrible this year,, about average I would say. I do think we need to look at the RG position for sure. I don't know that we HAVE to go to FA for a RG either. I would lke to draft an OL,, and let him and Proctor battle it out, and if that don't work, try to get on in FA after the June 1st cuts. My pick in the draft,,Ben Grubbs, AU.. 2-3 rounds.

cboyd

Reaction score
I am just tired of seeing Romo having to run for his life because our line could not hold thier ground.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
anava;1338490 said:
Wasn't Alex Gibbs available recently?

Alex Gibbs hasnt been a FT coach in a couple of yrs now

highly unlikely he is coming here, or anywhere else

David

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
cboyd;1338524 said:
I am just tired of seeing Romo having to run for his life because our line could not hold thier ground.

They actually blocked well against Seattle, who is a good pass rushing defense. Flozell seems to be to be pretty solid overall, but he just has those bad days where he looks pathetic. Still, LT's don't grow on trees. Kosier is pretty good, but from what I charted he seemed to struggle with blitz and stunt recognition. Hopefully a year with the same O-Line he'll get better. Gurode I think is solid at center. Colombo needs to work on run blocking, but did a solid job overall. Rivera is terrible and needs to be replaced ASAP. The O-Line played better than it has in the last 6 seaons and Kosier, Gurode, and Colombo are all 27 years old. Hopefully we can get another year out of Flozell while we groom somebody like McQuistan and we should be able to find a better right guard since good guards aren't impossible to find in the league.

YAKUZA

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
dbair1967;1338525 said:
Alex Gibbs hasnt been a FT coach in a couple of yrs now

highly unlikely he is coming here, or anywhere else

David

I'm not so sure why everybody wants him. He's basically getting mocked in Atlanta by Falcons fans. I think he's a good O-Line coach, but his zone blocking scheme calls for smaller blockers and teams have finally figured out that you can push those guys around in pass protection. Romo isn't a midget by any means, but I'm not sure I want the pocket collapsing right up the middle on my 6'2" QB.

YAKUZA

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Mansta54;1338451 said:
Dude whateva!! Relax!! I felt like it was the post of the day so I said so.. Chill out!!

First i was never not relaxed

second, i asked why did u feel the need to say post of the day, because i said so is not a credible reason. Post of the day would require depth anaylis, strong poweful statments, that a majority can agree with. Saying post of the day to something you agree with is pointless, and adds nothing to message board.

You can take this how you want to, but w/e