Offensive Style Shift

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Looks like there is gonna be a ton of 2 tight end, 2 Wide Receiver sets. Less 3 WR sets. Less FB. Lots of 1 Back in backfield.

Listening to Jones, this was intended prior to the draft. Wants to keep Witten on one side, not moving around so much. Wants TO and Glenn and 2 TE's out there almost every down.

Interesting.

Doesn't sound like Crayton will be as relied on, more of a backup role. Also, explains less of the need to draft WR early (although I'd still love a young guy with big upside and kr/pr ability).

Both picks big time Parcells types. Son of a coach, solid, reliable, big LB. Next guy is a Jersey boy, who is compared to Bavaro all the time. Makes sense.

Still love to see an Oline.

Larry

braw

Reaction score
Great I have always said that JuJo runs best in 3 wr sets in this case its 2 wr and 2 te but you can split Witten out and look like 3 wr set. JuJo runs great in space.

sago1

Reaction score
You mention there will be less of a FB role. Can't be any less then we had last year. How often was Polite even activated? And what happens if either TO or Glenn get hurt, or won't that happen?

I'm just disappointed. I actually thought Jones & Parcells were really trying to make the big time this year. I'm fine with the Carpenter pick cause I think he will be a real stud, but this pick makes my confidence lessen and am concerned about who will take in 3rd round.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
sago1 said:
You mention there will be less of a FB role. Can't be any less then we had last year. How often was Polite even activated? And what happens if either TO or Glenn get hurt, or won't that happen?

I'm just disappointed. I actually thought Jones & Parcells were really trying to make the big time this year. I'm fine with the Carpenter pick cause I think he will be a real stud, but this pick makes my confidence lessen and am concerned about who will take in 3rd round.

This is what you get with Parcells in charge what did you expect BP is playing to win now. Guess what Parcells has stated since he got here he prefers the TE set the best. He likes to play close to the vest games and rely on the running game hince the TE set

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well this was not one of the best drafts for WR, there are still some decent ones in the draft but overall this was not the draft to focus on WR.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
I think that one of the big WRs (Marshall, Colston, Baskett, or Nance) will be a good addition late day 1 or early day 2.

Woods

Reaction score
From JJ's conference,

He indicated Witten and Glenn on one side, Fasano and TO on the other side.

Basically, it appears we aren't using a FB.

Maybe we use one of those extra 6th rounders to draft a big back like Q. Hill from Miami? We were interested in him.

He said this is a shift in offensive philosophy, like going to the 3-4 on defense.

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score
Most of what I saw on our highlights last season was singleback. I dont thinks its as big a novelty as most think. How many times was Pollite on the field?