Offensive Tackle question

Manster68

Reaction score
I'm just curious what each of you think the odds are that Pat McQuisitan can beat out Jason Fabini for the fourth offensive tackle position.

McQuisitan is showing decent ability but he is pretty raw - whereas Fabini is struggling to get over his pectoral injury (and maybe a little confidence).

I say 25/75 would my odds that McQuisitan can bat out Fabini.

I'm sure I will have a different stance on this after the first preseason game in less than a week.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
I'm just curious what each of you think the odds are that Pat McQuisitan can beat out Jason Fabini for the fourth offensive tackle position.

McQuisitan is showing decent ability but he is pretty raw - whereas Fabini is struggling to get over his pectoral injury (and maybe a little confidence).

I'm sure I will have a different stance on this after the first preseason game in less than a week.
I like what I've been hearing from McQuisitan personally. Now, I have to see the guy in person other than camp reports, and afterwhich, I can then make an accurate decision on the guy.

However, I don't know what the deal is with Fabini. I hope that his injury situation is the only reason he's struggling.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Manster68 said:
At this point there isn't much to judge any of these guys on. Give me 2 or 3 preseason games and I'll let you know.

HDC

Reaction score
If Petitti can be an acceptable back-up for Flo, then Fabini becomes expendable and McQ makes the roster.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Fabini will be kept because of actual game experience. McQuistan to the PS. Fabini's struggles are being reported, by how bad is it in reality. I like to see them both in real games first. Then decide.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Tortoise and the hare.

McQuistan may have started out better. But it is a long camp and Fabini is a vet who is just now working himself up to better play. I do like McQ and hope we can keep him on the PS.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I agree with abersonc.

McQ is more likely going to the practice squad...and I think Fabini is starting to come around. Almost all the successful runs went to his side in the scrimmage. Maybe Parcells had him go to the backward facing stance.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Manster68 said:

I'll be honest, I think they (Fabini & McQuistan) are each 50/50 to make the team or be in the final waiver to 53 players. Fabini may hold a slight edge because McQuistan can be placed on the PS. It's going to be interesting. There's little doubt left who the top 3 are.