Offer a 2nd for Michael Pittman Jr?

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
The Colts will most likely be in a rebuild this year. They don't have a QB and if they move up to draft one they will need draft capital to build around their new guy. I think Pittman on the outside with Gallup at the X and Lamb in the slot is pretty solid. He is only making 4mil this year and is a FA the year after. You would probably have to extend him as soon as you trade for him. I'm thinking 3yr 45mil would do it, make this years cap hit like 9 or 10 million.

Who says no?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
A lot of guys just want to throw away high picks. I'm tired of Jerry doing that. They didn't get enough years out of Cooper as it is.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
A lot of guys just want to throw away high picks. I'm tired of Jerry doing that. They didn't get enough years out of Cooper as it is.
I wouldn't call it throwing away a pick. I think he is better than any 2nd round WR you could draft in this years draft by a long shot. If you consider him your pick in the second, it's not trashing the pick.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
He could also just be a rental. You don't have to pay him. Just use him this season and when he puts up great numbers with a better QB than he has ever had. You will get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick when he signs with another team.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
True but he’s had my grandma at QB.
bh187-dracula.gif

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I say no. There’s not much difference between a 2 and our #26 pick, especially this year.
The only receiver I’d give a #1 or #2 for is Jeudy, because he has speed, great route running, has played as the #1 or 3 years with crap QBs, and he’s still only 23.

Otherwise, I draft Jalen Hyatt or Zay Flowers. I think both of those guys would be great in the slot.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Late to this thread, but I absolutely would have done that. He's an excellent compliment to CD and a better long-term fit than Cooks.