*Official* Saints will take Bush at No. 2 slot

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if both the Texans and the Saints will be jerks and still stay on the clock the whole 15 minutes?

It would be nice if they have decided that no trade will work to change their minds and they just run the card up there as soon as they are on the clock.

The quicker the draft the better.:starspin

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I wonder if both the Texans and the Saints will be jerks and still stay on the clock the whole 15 minutes?

It would be nice if they have decided that no trade will work to change their minds and they just run the card up there as soon as they are on the clock.

The quicker the draft the better.:starspin

They will take all 15 minutes so they get some talk on the networks. And with NO they should. They need all the positive press they can get.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Rumors are the Jets, Raiders, 49er's and Cardinals have all expressed interest in moving up to #2 this is from ESPN.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I think its a mistake for them to take Reggie Bush as they will have a lot of $$$ invested in the RB position with him and McCallister and they have a lot of need on D

gbrittain

Reaction score
Another obvious one. Lets see Katrina franchise in disarray, do you take a Tackle or a play making, seat selling, Heisman Trophy winning icon in Reggie Bush? Obvious.

Bluefin

Reaction score
BrainPaint said:
The Toxys have already done it once.

They used all 15 fifteen minutes despite having already agreed to terms with QB David Carr.

Kind of their way of holding a gun to ESPN's head and forcing them to discuss their hapless franchise for a quarter hour.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
I think its a mistake for them to take Reggie Bush as they will have a lot of $$$ invested in the RB position with him and McCallister and they have a lot of need on D

It would be a mistake to pass on Reggie Bush. I have to disagree. You dont pass on Reggie Bush because you have Deuce no matter the salary.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
It would be a mistake to pass on Reggie Bush. I have to disagree. You dont pass on Reggie Bush because you have Deuce no matter the salary.
Bush is not gonna make them a good team because their D is terrible and won't get any better until they do fix it

gbrittain

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
Bush is not gonna make them a good team because their D is terrible and won't get any better until they do fix it

You dont draft need. If everyone drafted need, I bet you mock drafts would be darn near 80-90% accurate.

Look I dont know the future. I have no idea if Bush will live up to the hype, but for hypothetical purposes assume that he does and people fully expect him to.

You dont pass on Bush. Like somebody said yesterday. You do not pass on Michael Jordan because you have Reggie Miller. I cant put it better than that.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
You dont draft need. If everyone drafted need, I bet you mock drafts would be darn near 80-90% accurate.

Look I dont know the future. I have no idea if Bush will live up to the hype, but for hypothetical purposes assume that he does and people fully expect him to.

You dont pass on Bush. Like somebody said yesterday. You do not pass on Michael Jordan because you have Reggie Miller. I cant put it better than that.
Well of course I factor in that I don't think Bush will live up to the hype. He'll be a Good RB but not a Great one

gbrittain

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
Well of course I factor in that I don't think Bush will live up to the hype. He'll be a Good RB but not a Great one

Yeah, that is the rub. Is he or is he not the next great thing. If he is, it is a no brainer and if he is not as you suspect then let the arm chair QBing begin.

I for one have been skeptical of him as an everydown back. However, I think Goose said of the 26 GMs who he polled had 21 of them had him #1 on their board. That says a lot. Time will tell though.

TDHND

Reaction score
He should be a Jet not a Saint. The Saints don't need a runningback.