Oh AJM

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Lito Sheppard, Eagles cornerback. He got a lot of attention for getting five interceptions and making the Pro Bowl in his first year as a starter. But the interceptions don't tell the whole story. He didn't always look comfortable in man coverage, and only five cornerbacks in the NFL gave up more passing yards than Sheppard, according to STATS Inc. During the regular season, opponents threw 97 passes Sheppard's way, completing 61.9 percent of them for 822 yards.

This is significant because Sheppard likely will be matched one-on-one against Patriots receivers when Eagles coordinator Jim Johnson calls for safety blitzes. Sheppard can be a Super Bowl hero if he uses his good hands to pick off a pass -- or he could be a Super Bowl goat.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3348718

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Maybe I should have quoted it, but its there AJM. Sheppard is one overrated eagle exposed, who will be the next, SImon? Kearse (although i don't hear anyone actually rating him)?

AJM1613

Reaction score
He allowed thirteen catches for 254 more yards than Newman, gave up five less touchdowns(the longest one for seven yards), had one more interception and two more defensive touchdowns.

He is usually one on one with the other team's best receiver and he never has safety help.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He allowed thirteen catches for 254 more yards than Newman, gave up five less touchdowns(the longest one for seven yards), had one more interception and two more defensive touchdowns.

He is usually one on one with the other team's best receiver and he never has safety help.
You say 254 yards like it is nothing, that is three very good games by an opposing wide reciever. And newman is in an even worse situation.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Tio said:
You say 254 yards like it is nothing, that is three very good games by an opposing wide reciever. And newman is in an even worse situation.

There is a seven touchdown difference between the two of them (Newman let up five more touchdowns, Sheppard scored two).

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Is Sheppard over-rated a bit? Sure. But who else in the NFC should have gone to the pro-bowl? I think Springs might have deserved the spot, but that's not the way it happened.

The touchdown that he gave up on Sunday was horrible, he has to be more disciplined than that. Still, Sheppard is still the best CB on the Eagles roster.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Poor coaching and the o-line cost the iggles the game...

AJM1613

Reaction score
Well, he gave up three catches last night...one for a touchdown. :banghead:

I will stick to my original statement, 13 catches for 255 is a lot better than 7 touchdowns.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Well, he gave up three catches last night...one for a touchdown. :banghead:

I will stick to my original statement, 13 catches for 255 is a lot better than 7 touchdowns.
Uhh, no its not. Not when your defense is one of the worst in the league. I was not upset with newman for two tds to moss when he was inside the 5. Or the one where Ben made a great play inside the redzone. SHeppard is overrated, sometimes being called an all pro. To think he is not when only 5 other corners in the league gave up more yards than him is crazy. Plus, Im pretty sure sheppard didn't play as much in the last two philly games in the regular season.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Tio said:
Uhh, no its not. Not when your defense is one of the worst in the league. I was not upset with newman for two tds to moss when he was inside the 5. Or the one where Ben made a great play inside the redzone. SHeppard is overrated, sometimes being called an all pro. To think he is not when only 5 other corners in the league gave up more yards than him is crazy. Plus, Im pretty sure sheppard didn't play as much in the last two philly games in the regular season.

Actually I was wrong (re-watched the game), Sheppard only gave up one catch last night, the touchdown.

He's sometimes called an All-Pro, because, well there's a good reason.

HE'S AN ALL-PRO. :rolleyes:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Actually I was wrong (re-watched the game), Sheppard only gave up one catch last night, the touchdown.

He's sometimes called an All-Pro, because, well there's a good reason.

HE'S AN ALL-PRO. :rolleyes:
an all pro that gave up more yards than everycorner save five?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
According to STATS Inc.
Ok ;) And sheppard only gave up one catch, according to you...

BTW< this is the only forum I've seen you since...well you know...

All I gotta say is....

:trophy: :trophy: You didn't expect me to be sincere did ya?

AJM1613

Reaction score
Tio said:
Ok ;) And sheppard only gave up one catch, according to you...

BTW< this is the only forum I've seen you since...well you know...

I think I've posted more in the main forum today more than any day since the summertime. :confused:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I think I've posted more in the main forum today more than any day since the summertime. :confused:
I haven't seen you there. Maybe you are posting in threads with 6+ pages. Whenever I get behind a thread with around 4 pages, I give up...