Oh Snap Bledsoe About to be Whacked? :)

JonCJG

Reaction score
SUZY HAS LOOSE LIPS

Though we'll be posting a more thorough critique of the inaugural MNF on ESPN on ESPN double-header on Tuesday, a league source has offered up some opinions regarding the extent to which Suzy Kolber was sharing information during the pregame show as to things she had observed at Commanders practice

Per the source (we had a TiVo malfunction and somehow only one minute of the pregame was recorded), Kolber talked about the fact that the Washington offense looked much different than it did in the preseason, and that there was a lot of motion and shifting and a quick tempo.
Said the source: "Hey, Suzy: The sh-t you see and hear during practice and productions meetings is confidential. This is reason number one why coaches don't want media around during practice. This is the stuff that media people should be fined for. It'll be interesting to see if anyone allows Suzy and the rest of the crew into practice for the rest of the season. Production meetings are supposed to be kept in absolute confidence. She screwed the pooch on this one."

We'll keep our ears open as to whether there's any fallout from this one as the MNF crew makes its way to Jacksonville and beyond.

BLEDSOE ABOUT TO GET WHACKED

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells isn't trying very hard to hide his dissatisfaction with quarterback Drew Bledsoe. On Monday, the Tuna said that Bledsoe is the starting quarterback, and then added the kiss of death qualifier "right now."

Asked to elaborate, Parcells got testy. "I told you I was getting Romo ready to play," Parcells said. "And at some point in time, I'm hopeful I will be able to play him this year. Now, I don't know when, where or under what circumstances. But that shouldn't be the story for today because it's a non-story."

Pressed on the issue, Parcells continued: "Well, I tell you what let's do -- you write what you want, I'm going to explain it the best way I can. . . . I think you're trying to get me to say at some point in time I'm going to get Romo in. That time is not now, OK? Is that clear enough? Do you want me to repeat it?"

No need to repeat it, coach. The message is clear. The goal is to use the threat of getting benched to light a fire under Bledsoe's ***.
And if that doesn't work, it'll be time for the guy whose name is better suited to a mafia boss to become the Don of Big D.
IF YOU CAN'T BEAT 'EM, BUY 'EM

Remember that brouhaha from the preseason regarding Reggie Bush's decision to defy the NFL and wear shoes bearing adidas logos in his preseason debut? The problem initially was solved when adidas supplied him with plain shoes having no markings, and thus requiring no tape to obscure the logo.

On Sunday, Bush was back in his adidas.

So what happened? Did he decide to thumb his nose at the league again? Did adidas promise to funnel him under the table whatever cash was necessary to pay the ensuing fines?

No, and no. As it turns out, adidas was added last week as one of the official suppliers of shoes and gloves for NFL teams, joining Reebok (which adidas owns), Nike, and UnderArmour.

Bottom line -- adidas coughed up the cash to the NFL. The only question is how much? Because the adidas arrival dilutes the value of the investments made by Nike and UnderArmour, we think that both companies should get rebates in the amount of at least 25 percent of their annual payments to the NFL.

This assumes, of course, that the NFL secured permission from Nike and UnderArmour before expanding the pool of potential shoes and gloves providers. If the league didn't get the blessing of both of these companies, things could get interesting between the NFL and two of its partners.