ok draft gurus? who are the best kickers to be drafted this year, bios etc?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ive done alittle predraft stuff, but not awhole lot yet like i generally do, so draft gurus, who are your best kickers that you know of available this year in the draft, with their bios etc. thanks

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Draft offers very little...maybe Alabama's Leigh Tiffin and Michigan State's Brett Swanson.

Free agency offers Neil Rackers (just missed a big FG), Shayne Graham (just missed a big FG), and Sebastion Janikowski (headcase).

I'm all for bringing Nick Folk back and paying his shrink bill to get his head right again. Can we hire Eddie Murray to come in and work with Folk?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3244702 said:
Draft offers very little...maybe Alabama's Leigh Tiffin and Michigan State's Brett Swanson.

Free agency offers Neil Rackers (just missed a big FG), Shayne Graham (just missed a big FG), and Sebastion Janikowski (headcase).

I'm all for bringing Nick Folk back and paying his shrink bill to get his head right again. Can we hire Eddie Murray to come in and work with Folk?

thanks chris, i wasnt sure if there were any good field goal kickers in the draft this year like when we drafted folk.

probably a good idea about eddie murray, the cowboys used to have a field goal kicker, and he always did a good job finding kickers too;

silverandbluetrue

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3244717 said:
thanks chris, i wasnt sure if there were any good field goal kickers in the draft this year like when we drafted folk.

probably a good idea about eddie murray, the cowboys used to have a field goal kicker, and he always did a good job finding kickers too;

don't know about kickers but would love Chad Jones S out of LSU. Can cover and hits like a truck:bow:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
newlander;3244892 said:
This kid had a fantastic 4 year career at MSU and hit numerous clutch kicks including TWO 52 yarders vs. Purdue on natural grass. VERY much worth a 6th round pick IMO.......

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/swenson_brett00.html

A career FG percentage of under 80 per cent (78.7)... my philosophy is that a kicker should never be drafted unless he's hit at least 80 per cent in his college career...

This year, I can find just one kicker who mets that criterion-- Hunter Lawrence from Texas... he's gone 32 for 37 in his college career, for an .865 percentage...

Bring back Folk, hope he's fully rehabbed from that injury that ruined this season, then maybe draft Lawrence in the 7th to compete with him...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
silverbear;3245923 said:
A career FG percentage of under 80 per cent (78.7)... my philosophy is that a kicker should never be drafted unless he's hit at least 80 per cent in his college career...

This year, I can find just one kicker who mets that criterion-- Hunter Lawrence from Texas... he's gone 32 for 37 in his college career, for an .865 percentage...

Bring back Folk, hope he's fully rehabbed from that injury that ruined this season, then maybe draft Lawrence in the 7th to compete with him...

thats what im looking for, thanks silverbear

newlander

Reaction score
NO argument with that stat silverbear: I just like the fact he hit some real big kicks. Personally I agree with giving Folk and Buehler a shot. If they can't do it, then bring in a vet like Matt Stover. He'll be let go after the playoffs when Vinatieri gets healthy. My preference: 1)Folk or Buehler 2) Stover 3) rookie

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
newlander;3246506 said:
NO argument with that stat silverbear: I just like the fact he hit some real big kicks.

And he was more accurate his senior year than he had been, hitting on 90 per cent of his field goals... if the scouts determined that this is because of improved technique, then I'd be content with going that way...