Ok OK they call it art I call it stupid

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Ok let me get this straight melted water in a plastic bottle is art ?????
:lmao: Thank goodness for that thief to save us from our own stupidity

Thief 'Drinks' Work of Art

An artist’s latest work - a bottle of melted Antarctic ice - may have been stolen and drunk by a thirsty thief.

Artist Wayne Hill filled a two-litre clear plastic bottle with melted ice to highlight global warming.

But the artwork, valued at £42,500, went missing while on display at a literary festival, reports the Scotsman.

Entitled Weapon of Mass Destruction, it vanished halfway through the Ways with Words festival at Dartington Hall, Devon.

Mr Hill said: “It looked like an ordinary bottle of water, but it was on a plinth, labelled, described and in the programme of the whole festival.

“It was very, very clear what it was - a work of art.”

The work uses water taken from the threatened west Antarctic ice sheet, which is currently melting at the rate of 250 cubic kilometres a year, he said.

Mr Hill added: “Nobody has any idea what has happened to it. It was there and then it was gone.”

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I"m confused. The artist is concerned about ice disappearing, then takes some of it. Wouldn't that be similar to my concern for an endangered species like the Condor then shooting one to show people my concern?