Oklahoma fan but can admit Auburn deserves #2

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I'm an OU fan but I can admit that I'm not sure OU deserves to be #2. Give props to Stoops for beating Texas but one thing OU fans can't deny is that Stoops and OU schedule pansies in their out of conference schedule. I would love to see OU play a tough SEC team, a Big 10 team or a tough ACC team in their out of conference schedule. Stoops needs to be brave and schedule a Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Auburn, Miami, Florida State etc.

And it's not always true that the best teams shy away from competition. When Miami wasn't in the ACC, they would still schedule Tennessee, Florida, and FSU in their out of conference games.

I'm not saying OU can't beat USC or Auburn. At the same, I don't think they deserve to be #2 over a team like Auburn because they haven't proven themselves. Texas is the best team on their schedule and I think they are overrated anyway. I don't think Texas could beat a lot of tough SEC, Big 10 and ACC opponents.

Roughneck

Reaction score
I'd still give OU the nod at #2.

If both teams go undefeated though, I'd have Auburn playing USC for the MNC.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
I'd still give OU the nod at #2.

If both teams go undefeated though, I'd have Auburn playing USC for the MNC.

Well, I agree. If Auburn loses and OU is undefeated then without a doubt, OU deserves to go. But I won't lie about OU's schedule. Let's face the facts, it's an easy schedule. Aside from Texas and Oklahoma St., they don't play anyone. And I can name 5 teams that are better than Texas which are ranked below them.