OL Dominance Displayed. Needs to Be Followed

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
I recalled and watched the 1994 Super Bowl,
From 1:12-1:19 in the second half, the Cowboys get the ball at their own 36.

Except for one play where Emmitt Smith gets a breather on a short pass to the Moose for three yards, all plays were running carries by Emmitt, 7-61 yards and a touchdown on his last carry.

I saw an explosive offensive line surge on every play, moving Bills' defenders at will. I saw three Bills get injured on this most dominating drive in Cowboys' history.

I saw left guard Nate Newton pulling to the right three times, opening, no blasting up lanes for Emmitt. This was a year before Larry Allen came into the league.

On the touchdown run, I saw RT Erik Williams knock down -- and injure -- the Bills LDE, and then he went into the secondary and made another block to spring Emmitt for a TD.

I have not seen any similar display of OL blocking from the 2023 line. The 1993 guys simply were men surging and bowling over a great Bills' defense. This type of blocking is needed now.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
You’d think since Jerald built it, he’d know to do it again, unless…

1942willys

Reaction score
Unless he didn't and I also say the word Voldemort.
For a long Time Jerry believed you did not really need high draft picks to build a great line because of the Great Wall
he did not get it was a total accident; pure chance.
When he used a first to get Tyron Smith, I was shocked.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
How would that O-Line fare against the fantastic defensive lines of the 2 Super-Bowl teams? (49ers and Chiefs)

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
How would that O-Line fare against the fantastic defensive lines of the 2 Super-Bowl teams? (49ers and Chiefs)
It would give Aikman the decisions which poisons to inflict on their defenses, Irvin, Harper, Novacek to receive passes, or a monster running game. The Bills had one of the premier defenses that year. It was the greatness of the OL of the Boys which dominated the 2nd half. Plus the defense came alive and shut out the Bills in the 2nd half. Imagine 2-4 guys in on the Bills' QB every play.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I recalled and watched the 1994 Super Bowl,
From 1:12-1:19 in the second half, the Cowboys get the ball at their own 36.

Except for one play where Emmitt Smith gets a breather on a short pass to the Moose for three yards, all plays were running carries by Emmitt, 7-61 yards and a touchdown on his last carry.

I saw an explosive offensive line surge on every play, moving Bills' defenders at will. I saw three Bills get injured on this most dominating drive in Cowboys' history.

I saw left guard Nate Newton pulling to the right three times, opening, no blasting up lanes for Emmitt. This was a year before Larry Allen came into the league.

On the touchdown run, I saw RT Erik Williams knock down -- and injure -- the Bills LDE, and then he went into the secondary and made another block to spring Emmitt for a TD.

I have not seen any similar display of OL blocking from the 2023 line. The 1993 guys simply were men surging and bowling over a great Bills' defense. This type of blocking is needed now.

I've been saying this lack of a legit Oline and legit Oline coach is what is hurting our Offense, but it's lazy and easier just to blame it on the QB.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You'll take 1st string All Pro Martin & like it sir. He's not currently doing any of the things you seem to like but I'm sure your standards are just wrong!! Who wants to move people against their will when you can just sorta lean on them?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been saying this lack of a legit Oline and legit Oline coach is what is hurting our Offense, but it's lazy and easier just to blame it on the QB.
We have a TON of people NOT just blaming the QB. This thread is just but one example.

I don;t get the penchant some people have ignoring it. Dak isn't the lone sacrificial lamb needing your crusade and protection.
Everyone from Jerry, to MM, to oline, to run stop to Quinn...all get regularly blasted.

Dak deserves criticism too and is getting it.