OL gurus--can Holland help?

Iago33

Reaction score
The OL looked like it got beat routinely. Can Holland help?

I can't evaluate, especially with the views given on tv.

Nexx

Reaction score
I would remove Proctor and gamble on Holland.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about his run blocking since we don't use zone schemes. What I would worry about is his pass protecting. Specifically, blitz recognition.

I think that alone is why Proctor started against the Skins.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Iago33;2296380 said:
The OL looked like it got beat routinely. Can Holland help?

I can't evaluate, especially with the views given on tv.

If Dallas insists on running to its left, starting Holland certainly can't hurt.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
nyc;2296404 said:
Yes, he can.

Have you watched Proctor? I think I could do better than him by just standing still. There is a reason we rushed Kosier back to soon. Proctor blows chunks.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2296417 said:
Have you watched Proctor? I think I could do better than him by just standing still. There is a reason we rushed Kosier back to soon. Proctor blows chunks.

I agree, but I bet there is a reason Holland didn't start against the Skins. That reason is probably because they suspected Proctor could do a better job than what Holland is currently capable of.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;2296426 said:
I agree, but I bet there is a reason Holland didn't start against the Skins. That reason is probably because they suspected Proctor could do a better job than what Holland is currently capable of.

if thats the case than thats a 5th round draft pick down the drain.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2296431 said:
if thats the case than thats a 5th round draft pick down the drain.

It's early. While some don't consider the offensive line a skill position, it is. I think he has the ability and the size to replace Koiser, but give him time. Remember, he started from scratch. The Broncos run a completely different scheme than the Cowboys do. (zone blocking)

Proctor knows the offense and thats why he started.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
HECK we ran 11 times.....who knows if the run was working.....must try at least twelve times?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rack;2296505 said:
I dunno... can he play defense?

At 322lbs, I'm sure he could park his butt in the middle of the defensive line. Of course, we already have Ratliff manning that position and doing a fine job.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes, he can. And even Wade said he would play against the Commanders. Teh rpbolem is, the game-plan just sucked and they didn't end up using him. Dallas is running to the right like a raging bull, but they sucked running to the left...