OL penalties

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
They've now been called for an unheard of SIX 10 yd penalties in only 2 games...not false starts, TEN YARD penalties (5 holds, 1 hands to the face)

We have 3 probowlers...Adams, Gurode and Davis are all regarded as the best, or at the top of the list of being the best at their positions in the league...these guys are good players, not scrubs overmatached by the 85 Bears defensive front

I dont understand how they can eagle eye so much of what our OL does and then turn around and miss things that are done by the other team that are just as, if not more obvious.

The Eagles OL should have easily been called for 2 or 3 obvious holding calls tonight...and the one Westrbook TD on that short pass there was one BLATANT hold (on Jenkins) and another not so obvious (Hamlin)...they somehow missed that, yet somehow did see that kinda borderline hold by Proctor that wiped out the 50 yd gain to Owens...

and the PI call on Henry was horrid...and it was a huge play

I HATE officials...they make too many bad calls or miss easy ones (and not jsut against/on us, other games I see the same garbage)...thats why I love it when the losers get injured, run over, KO'd etc etc...they deserve it

goshan

Reaction score
Nice comments here.
Showing your class I see.
Hoping an employee gets hurt over a football game where most things are judgement calls that happen at a split second.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
goshan;2261923 said:
Nice comments here.
Showing your class I see.
Hoping an employee gets hurt over a football game where most things are judgement calls that happen at a split second.

:rolleyes:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow. Even in a joking manner the fact that you might think it's funny that a ref gets hurt, or anyone for that matter in the game, is pretty overboard.

Bad calls happen and I hardly think any of what has happened to the Cowboys in the two games was 'unheard of'.

MrMom

Reaction score
dbair1967;2261896 said:
They've now been called for an unheard of SIX 10 yd penalties in only 2 games...not false starts, TEN YARD penalties (5 holds, 1 hands to the face)

We have 3 probowlers...Adams, Gurode and Davis are all regarded as the best, or at the top of the list of being the best at their positions in the league...these guys are good players, not scrubs overmatached by the 85 Bears defensive front

I dont understand how they can eagle eye so much of what our OL does and then turn around and miss things that are done by the other team that are just as, if not more obvious.

The Eagles OL should have easily been called for 2 or 3 obvious holding calls tonight...and the one Westrbook TD on that short pass there was one BLATANT hold (on Jenkins) and another not so obvious (Hamlin)...they somehow missed that, yet somehow did see that kinda borderline hold by Proctor that wiped out the 50 yd gain to Owens...

and the PI call on Henry was horrid...and it was a huge play

I HATE officials...they make too many bad calls or miss easy ones (and not jsut against/on us, other games I see the same garbage)...thats why I love it when the losers get injured, run over, KO'd etc etc...they deserve it

:laugh2:

whotta tool.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Damn. I thought this was a thread imploring our line to play better and knock off the boneheaded penalties.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
bbgun;2265693 said:
Damn. I thought this was a thread imploring our line to play better and knock off the boneheaded penalties.

Now you know the Dallas Cowboys. They can never do no wrong now.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Lurch;2265698 said:
Now you know the Dallas Cowboys. They can never do no wrong now.

That's not Dbair's rep. He's taken them on plenty of times, esp guys named Zimmer.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2265682 said:
Wow. Even in a joking manner the fact that you might think it's funny that a ref gets hurt, or anyone for that matter in the game, is pretty overboard.

Bad calls happen and I hardly think any of what has happened to the Cowboys in the two games was 'unheard of'.

Bad calls do and will happen, it is part of the game. I can deal with that.

I have a problem though with what seems to be a very obvious trend. That regardless of whether we are at home or away, we seem to see our OL get tagged with far more penalties (ie the holding, hands to face etc etc) than what we see our opponents have against us. Now if we had a crappy team with poor talent at OL I could see it. Normally teams that hold alot do so because they are overmatched by who they are trying to block. We have 3 legit probowl OL's and have had quality OL coaching for several seasons now, so I dont think talent or quality of coaching is the issue. We also have very good pass rushers and for several seasons have seen our guys get tackled, pulled down, jersey's obviously pulled etc etc and rarely get the call. The officials had no problem eagle eyeing that iffy hold on Proctor last night (and it was not in the open) but couldnt see Jenkins getting held for several seconds while Westbrook was catching a short pass and running into the endzone? It was in PLAIN view for at least two officials to see.

I'm a huge football fan in general, like I said, I am not solely complaining about officiating in OUR games either. It's a huge issue league-wide and gets worse every season. It is getting NBA-like to a certain extent where they are controlling the game too much with awful calls or obviously missed non calls. They cant even get plays right after instant replay in certain circumstances.

I also think its incredibly naive to think that all the bad calls are coincidence or just luck of the draw. Despite what some think, most of these guys are not stupid or blind. There's either some personal bias there (ie, they are still being fans of certain teams) or something far worse.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Refs are reviewed every season to keep there jobs? Maybe the league should look into that and cleaning it up. Tighten up on the holding calls and loosen up on the celebrations.

wick

Reaction score
You should play the "They didn't call THAT a hold" drinking game. You'll be out by the early part of the second quarter.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
wick;2265757 said:
You should play the "They didn't call THAT a hold" drinking game. You'll be out by the early part of the second quarter.

Yup. Humans are not perfect. We make mistakes.