Manny Lawson = Jason Taylor

DeMeco Ryans = DJ Williams

Chad Greenway = Keith Brooking

Kamerion Wimbley = Robert Mathis

Ernie Sims = Ian Gold

Bobby Carpenter = Napoleon Harris

ddh33

Reaction score
It may not seem like much, but I'm glad they didn't use color like so many comparisons do...

Manny Lawson and Jason Taylor have very similar builds. That's easy to see. The Carl Banks comparison is interesting to me because we have a coach here in Dallas who might have been the source of that comparison, and he also knows a little bit about Carl Banks.

Kamerion Wimbley, I have read, is compared to Demarcus Ware a lot. That wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.

Bobby Carpenter reminds me a little bit of Mike Vrabel. I think he's going to be a very versatile LB who can play everywhere, in any scheme.

Every time I see Ernie Sims I think of a harder hitting, more explosive Dexter Coakley. I know it's the height (or lackthereof), but that's what I always think.

whcarm

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't agree with comparing Carpenter to Harris. However, I have seen a few sites compare Carpenter to Vrabel. I think that is more accurate.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
Thats not good I always saw Harris as over rated and underachieving.

Because we all know player comparisons are always accurate and a good indication of one's ability.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
whcarm said:
per TSN:

A.J. Hawk = Takeo Spikes

Ernie Sims = Ian Gold

That's a lot of talent stocked into one draft then. I doubt it turns out that each LB prospect has succesful careers similar to the players they are being compared to.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
whcarm said:
Yeah, I don't agree with comparing Carpenter to Harris. However, I have seen a few sites compare Carpenter to Vrabel. I think that is more accurate.
No way Carp is that slow.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
whcarm said:
per TSN:

A.J. Hawk = Takeo Spikes

Ernie Sims = Ian Gold

I'd say Carpenter is closer to Brooking then Greenway.

Greenway = Derrick Johnson only not as athletic as Johnson.

I think Carpenter best resembles Willie McGinest.

I've also seen Carpenter compared to Bruschi and Vrabel. I'd say those are good comparisons too.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'd say Carpenter is closer to Patrick Kerney than he is to Brooking

Not a bad comparison as well. Although I don't think Carpenter would be the DE that Kerney has become.

And don't make me think of Kerney. Just reminds me that we passed on him for Ekubust.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Rack said:
Not a bad comparison as well. Although I don't think Carpenter would be the DE that Kerney has become.

And don't make me think of Kerney. Just reminds me that we passed on him for Ekubust.

Ekubust is EPIC.......:laugh2:

NinePointOh

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
That's a lot of talent stocked into one draft then. I doubt it turns out that each LB prospect has succesful careers similar to the players they are being compared to.

I believe the purpose is to offer a reference about the player's skill set, body type, and playing style -- not to project the player's success.