OLB, G, FS after trading down

burmafrd

Reaction score
thats my call. BP and JJ will trade down three to five slots and grab an OLB- Greenway probably. Maybe .... NAAAh. He wont fall that far....
Anyway we get that 4th that we lost back and use the second rd pick for a FS. Then the 3rd rd pick for a good guard- I am hoping that spencer is still around but not likely. Fifita is my hope for the NT on the second day; probably another project OL or maybe another TE as well. I think that trying to name names after the second is a joke pretty much. If one of the real good guards like Spencer or Giles is still there in the 2nd I think we grab him then get a FS in the 3rd. One thing we do not draft is a OT- BP figures we have more then enough now. Adams, Fabini, Pettiti, Columbo. Also I do not see us grabbing any QB's, RB's or DL outside of a NT. If there is a real fast WR left by the 4th we might get him as insurance incase Glenn goes down but that is it for Offense. BP does have this thing about TE's so we will probably get another one. So OLB,G,FS,NT,TE; maybe a WR. Thats pretty much it.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
thats my call. BP and JJ will trade down three to five slots and grab an OLB- Greenway probably. Maybe .... NAAAh. He wont fall that far....
Anyway we get that 4th that we lost back and use the second rd pick for a FS. Then the 3rd rd pick for a good guard- I am hoping that spencer is still around but not likely. Fifita is my hope for the NT on the second day; probably another project OL or maybe another TE as well. I think that trying to name names after the second is a joke pretty much. If one of the real good guards like Spencer or Giles is still there in the 2nd I think we grab him then get a FS in the 3rd. One thing we do not draft is a OT- BP figures we have more then enough now. Adams, Fabini, Pettiti, Columbo. Also I do not see us grabbing any QB's, RB's or DL outside of a NT. If there is a real fast WR left by the 4th we might get him as insurance incase Glenn goes down but that is it for Offense. BP does have this thing about TE's so we will probably get another one. So OLB,G,FS,NT,TE; maybe a WR. Thats pretty much it.

we will get a WR before we get a TE, we have Witten and Hannam for starters. and trading down to get greenway? what is that all about, i mean lawson and carpenter are our best bet and after them two id say wimberly, but greenway doesnt fit here. ur order looks good, but if we trade down it will most likely be for 4 1st day picks and with those 4 we will address OLB, G, FS and then NT/WR.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Greenway is a top PLAYER that did not test out all that well.
I really do not see a WR except as I said late if they find one with top speed so as to back up Glenn. TE because BP likes TE's.
As regards trading down I thought I was clear- they want a 4th to make up for the one we lost.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Greenway is a top PLAYER that did not test out all that well.
I really do not see a WR except as I said late if they find one with top speed so as to back up Glenn. TE because BP likes TE's.
As regards trading down I thought I was clear- they want a 4th to make up for the one we lost.

Greenway is a poor man's DJ in my opinion. A poor fit for the 3-4. I watched a lot of Iowa games and Greenway never really jumped out at me. If I was looking for a Derrick Brooks, Cover 2 backer, then I'd be interested.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Being a Hawk fan I watched Greenway for 3 years and frankly I think he would fit right in.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:

Reading this title, I thought you had stolen my mock!

My idea:

1) Bobby Carpenter - OLB - Ohio State (with a trade down to #21 giving the Cowboys the Patriot's 4th rounder)

2) Davin Joseph - G - Oklahoma

3) Anthony Smith - S - Syracuse

4) Martin Nance - WR - Miami (OH)